GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TRUE CRIME SLIPS....(not that much)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'True Crime: Streets of LA'.
Wed 29/10/03 at 10:59
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
After being told by Activision that even though there under attack by a bloke who is going to sue them over True Crime's main character, all formats for True Crime will be released 7th November. Well for some reason Gamecube's misses out again as it seems that it won't be released until 21st November, not much longer i know but still annoying if you are highly anticipating it! Xbox and PS2 release dates still remain at 7th November, Next friday. Good job i'm getting the Xbox version! :)
Wed 05/11/03 at 18:44
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Both Game, CEX and Gamestation ALL told me today that it will be another 2 weeks before they get True Crime in on the Qube... my heart was broken but im in a stable condition now and making a speedy recovery (mainly cos i just bought Hot Pursuit 2 as a kind of comfort blanket to make me feel better :P
Tue 04/11/03 at 18:48
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
How come SR still have it down for the 7th then?

Thats pure stupidity if it has been delayed.

"Ooh look, some other games are released, lets not release ours"

Pathetic.

(Does realise that it a better idea releasing it later in the month but is angry so does not let truth have a say)

:o)
Tue 04/11/03 at 16:16
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
Sadly the CUBE version is still the 21st November! I just spoke to Gameplay using the brilliant Livechat service (idea for Ukgames) and they said they're getting the Xbox and Ps2 versions in tommorrow, so people should get them on day of release! However i still believe it's a good idea for the next 3 weeks to buy your games from a GAME shop to make sure you'll get them when you want them! The back log of letters and Parcels are effecting any new parcels going to their destinations because of the strikes which have now ended! (not including Courier services).
Tue 04/11/03 at 00:10
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Apparently its still coming out on the 7th.. Hm! We'll see!
Sat 01/11/03 at 21:34
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Owen wrote:
> After being told by Activision that even though there under attack by
> a bloke who is going to sue them over True Crime's main character.

I don't know why this guy's trying to make out Nick Kang is based on a character from his book. Because to be honest, Nick Kang is crap and very very annoying. If this guys lead character is similar then I can only asume the book must be as crap as Kang is.
Sat 01/11/03 at 12:49
Regular
"gsybe you!"
IGN gave it 9/10.
Fri 31/10/03 at 11:01
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
I think you find that True Crime Streets of LA will be superb, yes the graphics could of been better, but the game is HUGE. For example it takes half and hour in real time to get to one side of the city to another, there are well over 100 missions, you can play as snoop dog (don't really know if this is good or bad), and the fighting looks a blast, also it's the closet thing you'll get to playing GTA on the CUBE. I predict a review mark of 86% in Gamesmaster, 9.2 in CUBE, and 75% in NGC ;) Not bad scores but i know i'm going to enjoy it (i hope).

Anyway another reason has come to light why it's been put back, it seems that Activision doesn't want to release it on the 7th November because of Star Wars Rebel Strike 3 and again on the 14th because of Mario Kart DD, it's a marketing ploy, it's been ready to ship well over a month now! :)
Thu 30/10/03 at 00:43
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Awww. This game looks really good!

Oh well, if its bad. I didn't pay for it.

*Rubs GAD*
Thu 30/10/03 at 00:15
Regular
I'll wait for the review.
Thu 30/10/03 at 00:11
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I would have to have loooooads of money to be able to afford THIS as well as all the other top games coming out. And if I did get it, no way would I have enough time to play it.
Maybe one day when I see it in a shop for £7.
One day.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.