GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TRUE CRIME SLIPS....(not that much)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'True Crime: Streets of LA'.
Wed 29/10/03 at 10:59
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
After being told by Activision that even though there under attack by a bloke who is going to sue them over True Crime's main character, all formats for True Crime will be released 7th November. Well for some reason Gamecube's misses out again as it seems that it won't be released until 21st November, not much longer i know but still annoying if you are highly anticipating it! Xbox and PS2 release dates still remain at 7th November, Next friday. Good job i'm getting the Xbox version! :)
Sat 15/11/03 at 17:48
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
tphi wrote:
> Owen wrote:
> I would give my Xbox version 95% because it allows you to listen to
> your own music, i'll take 2% away because the Gamecube doesn't have
> this though. :)
>
> Just as long as there are people with some sense to give reviews.
>
> *cough*

That's quite funny! :D Sorry if that sentence sounded like i was making you all thick! Anyway the Gamecube Version in my opinion is 92% not 95%. It's not a terrible game and alot of work has been put into making the HUGE city so i'm not changing the score! NGC magazine will give it 75% becuase there extremly harsh, i'm not, that's why i don't have a career in a Computer Games magazine being a reviewer! :)
Sat 15/11/03 at 01:20
Regular
I hope it's bad so there isn't ANOTHER game for me to splash out on.
Sat 15/11/03 at 01:03
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Hm, very mixed reviews. Like one extreme to the other.

Nevermind! I think some people try to compare it to GTA3/VC. But I just hope its good :o)
Tue 11/11/03 at 09:13
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Ive played it in a shop and it very good. Like all the reviews say, the driving parts are a little lacking but the shooting/ combat sections are great.
Mon 10/11/03 at 22:07
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Owen wrote:
> I would give my Xbox version 95% because it allows you to listen to your own music, i'll take 2% away because the Gamecube doesn't have this though. :)

Just as long as there are people with some sense to give reviews.

*cough*
Mon 10/11/03 at 22:00
Regular
"Touched!"
True Crime is utter pap! 95%? I wouldn't even give it half of that, biggest pile of poo i've played this year.
Mon 10/11/03 at 19:45
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
I have the Xbox version now (Since November 7th and haven't stopped playing it!) It's actually quite fantastic, it takes a bit of time to get used to but the fighting and shotting is superb! Yes the graphics aren't brilliant but they are above par! The cut-scenes are superb, the story is like a hollywood blockbuster and the game is huge!!! I doubt anyone will ever see all parts of the City, it's MASSIVE. I really like this game, the sub-missions are funny and so is the dialogue, just on quick impressions i wouldn't hesitate to give it 93%. Rent it if your not sure, but i can assure you it's the closet thing you'll get to Vice City on your CUBE!! I would give my Xbox version 95% because it allows you to listen to your own music, i'll take 2% away because the Gamecube doesn't have this though. :)
Mon 10/11/03 at 16:48
Regular
"thursdayton!"
It was supposed to be out Friday, but it's officially slipped until the 21st.

Looked crap anyway.
Thu 06/11/03 at 07:55
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
'The suspect has totally lost it... were calling off the chase - this guy is just too dangerous!!'

The above was me in a British racing coloured Jaguar being chased through the streets of a small mid-west US town by 3 (keen to bust) crown victoria cop cars... classic stuff :)
Wed 05/11/03 at 23:16
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Lol nice one :oP

Oh damnit, I was looking forward to having my copy this weekend.

*Begs SR to send his copy*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.