GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It Shouldn't Make Me Smile But....+OXM23"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/10/03 at 14:36
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=53622

I'm sorry, it does. I thought any hopes Nintendo had of a sudden swift reversal in fortunes were insanely optimistic and that a few of the dedicated Ninties on these forums were getting carried away with the slight sales boost Nintendo experienced...and this proves it.

Sure, Nintendo will pick up sales with Mario Kart and F Zero, but the company was haemoraghing money at an alarming rate when the machine was 129.99 let alone 79.99 or 99.99 with the Mariokart bundle.

On another note, the new OXM is well worth a purchase, and has the following demos (all playable)

Project Gotham 2 (!)
Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure
Magic The Gathering Battlegrounds
Metal Arms
Midtown MAdness 3
SSX3
Kao The Kangaroo 2
ESPN NHL Hockey

Plus running demo videos of other titles.

Reviews wise it must be the BEST month ever since launch, I don't know about anyone else but there seems to be a sudden tidal wave of quality titles emerging, and it's not over yet

LOTR Return Of The King 8.5
PGR2 9.3
Crimson Skies 8.9
Broken Sword 9.0
Metal Arms 9.0
Amped 2 8.9
Rainbow Six 3 9.4
Grabbed By the Ghoulies 8.9
Top Spin 9.0

These are the best but there are plenty more reviews, notably SWAT GST and Dynasty Warriors 4 fail to live up to expectations, though in SWAT's case the blame is on Rainbow -why have silver when gold costs the same eh ?

SSX also gets (I think) 7.9 but you'd be daft to buy it when you can get Amped 2, with LIVE play.

This issue also sees the roll out of Microsoft's XSN games.
Fri 31/10/03 at 17:01
"I love yo... lamp."
How did it run? When the decision to go from 60 fps to 30 fps was made there was near rioting on the Bizarre Creations forum.

Last time round all the scenery was just bitmapped, this time it's real time rendered. It would just have taken longer for the first to be made otherwise. Plus they needed time to get to grips with the hardware.
Fri 31/10/03 at 16:56
Regular
The PGR2 demo is funking awesome. Improvements made all round on the original PGR. Environments now look as detailed as the cars (makes me wonder why they didn't do it first time round), cars handle better, new radio features, visual and audio improvements + loads of other features. Can't wait for this one!
Fri 31/10/03 at 16:42
"I love yo... lamp."
Wish I had seen this yesterday, because I would have bought it and played a PGR 2 demo by now.

To be honest, those scores are fairly close to what I expected. Grabbed by the ghoulies looks different.
Fri 31/10/03 at 13:12
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Belldandy wrote:
>> Reviews wise it must be the BEST month ever since launch, I don't
> know about anyone else but there seems to be a sudden tidal wave of
> quality titles emerging, and it's not over yet
>
> LOTR Return Of The King 8.5
> PGR2 9.3
> Crimson Skies 8.9
> Broken Sword 9.0
> Metal Arms 9.0
> Amped 2 8.9
> Rainbow Six 3 9.4
> Grabbed By the Ghoulies 8.9
> Top Spin 9.0
>

Er, this is OXM.........
Fri 31/10/03 at 13:11
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Tis strange this business is it not?

I actually cannot be bothered to get an XBox, as I can't get LIVE, and without it seems totally pointless.

Ah well.
Thu 30/10/03 at 19:59
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Well the SSx 3 demo sucks.
Thu 30/10/03 at 18:58
Regular
Mario Kart is all that interests me until Resident Evil 4 and Metal Gear: Twin Snakes.
Thu 30/10/03 at 18:57
Regular
I barely have time for non Live games these days so other than Simpsons Hit and Run, I haven't touched my Cube for a while.

Really wanna pick up F-Zero, Viewtiful Joe, Mario Kart: DD, 1080 Avalanche and a few others, but just don't have the funds or time to play them at the moment. Will most likely get a couple for Xmas and wait a while for the rest.
Thu 30/10/03 at 18:53
Regular
At one point the Xbox was seriously lacking top exclusive titles and the Cube came in handy. Now however the Xbox has got some serious kick a*s titles and along with LIVE I just don't want to touch my Cube outside of VJ.
Thu 30/10/03 at 18:51
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> SSX games are over hyped EA spin offs. Didnd't expect anything more
> from a company which continually disappoints in one form another.

Judging from the reviews I've read in other magazines and on the internet of SSX3, I'd say the low score is more likely down to EA and Microsoft not getting on and also to make Amped 2 look even better next to the competition.

I'll be getting Amped 2 for the Live play, but SSX3 is still looking like a damn good game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.