GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It Shouldn't Make Me Smile But....+OXM23"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/10/03 at 14:36
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=53622

I'm sorry, it does. I thought any hopes Nintendo had of a sudden swift reversal in fortunes were insanely optimistic and that a few of the dedicated Ninties on these forums were getting carried away with the slight sales boost Nintendo experienced...and this proves it.

Sure, Nintendo will pick up sales with Mario Kart and F Zero, but the company was haemoraghing money at an alarming rate when the machine was 129.99 let alone 79.99 or 99.99 with the Mariokart bundle.

On another note, the new OXM is well worth a purchase, and has the following demos (all playable)

Project Gotham 2 (!)
Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure
Magic The Gathering Battlegrounds
Metal Arms
Midtown MAdness 3
SSX3
Kao The Kangaroo 2
ESPN NHL Hockey

Plus running demo videos of other titles.

Reviews wise it must be the BEST month ever since launch, I don't know about anyone else but there seems to be a sudden tidal wave of quality titles emerging, and it's not over yet

LOTR Return Of The King 8.5
PGR2 9.3
Crimson Skies 8.9
Broken Sword 9.0
Metal Arms 9.0
Amped 2 8.9
Rainbow Six 3 9.4
Grabbed By the Ghoulies 8.9
Top Spin 9.0

These are the best but there are plenty more reviews, notably SWAT GST and Dynasty Warriors 4 fail to live up to expectations, though in SWAT's case the blame is on Rainbow -why have silver when gold costs the same eh ?

SSX also gets (I think) 7.9 but you'd be daft to buy it when you can get Amped 2, with LIVE play.

This issue also sees the roll out of Microsoft's XSN games.
Mon 03/11/03 at 20:33
Regular
PGR2 crap? Oh quit talking anal, you played the demo and couldn't hack it. That doesn't make it crap it just means you aren't good enough to compete in the races.
Mon 03/11/03 at 20:27
Regular
Wallace and Gromit is a great (and cheap) Xbox platformer, played it more than I ever played Mario Sunshine already and I've only had the game five days. Lot's of great ideas and you don't have to be a mega fan of the show to like it - I'm not but I still like it all the same.

Anyone thinking of getting Top Spin ?

I know OXM has rated it well, but they did Metal Arms and PGR2 and both are crap.
Mon 03/11/03 at 19:41
Regular
Looks as good as any platform game on the market. They all end up playing very similar anyway and from what I have read it isn't ground breaking but its a solid title. They developed a solid title and seeing as though the Cube (which I got for decent platform games) is failing to deliver on this part I can't see anything outside of Jak and Daxter 2 to challenge it. Mario Sunshine was good but ultimately disappointing, can't see why this isn't in the same boat.
Mon 03/11/03 at 19:37
Regular
Looks terrible if you ask me.
Mon 03/11/03 at 12:47
Regular
I heard that GBTG got dull... it even says so on RARE's own website!

Anyway it interests me.
Sun 02/11/03 at 18:28
Regular
Auf deutsch™ wrote:
> Hrmm...If SSX3 had LIVE play on X-box, would it still suck?

Yes, I see what you're getting at, and Live play would not salvage it. To me if a game is no good in single player then I don't care if it's the Halo of Live, I won't buy it. SSX Tricky was good, but this adds very little to it, I might get Amped 2 because I never played the original.
Sat 01/11/03 at 18:15
Regular
"Remember me?"
Thought I'd try out the new disc... and I'm really, really disappointed.

Project Gotham Racing 2 - the same old boring stuff, though marginally better than the original.

Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure - easily the best demo on the disc. Like THPS4, only with Disney characters.

Magic: The Gathering Battlegrounds - my God, I've never been so bored in my entire life. Utterly pointless.

Metal Arms - in a word: dodgy.

Midtown Madness 3 - thought I'd try out this demo just to see what's included, and if you don't buy MM3 after playing this demo, you're clearly stupid. Buy it, it rocks.

SSX 3 - Nowhere near as good as even the original SSX game. A severe letdown.

Kao the Kangaroo 2 - patronising and shoddily made.

ESPN NHL Hockey 2K4 - good ice hockey game, though I'll be waiting until NHL Rivals 2004 comes out before I decided which of the two I'll be buying.
Sat 01/11/03 at 17:17
Regular
Hrmm...If SSX3 had LIVE play on X-box, would it still suck?

(it doesn't suck anyway)
Sat 01/11/03 at 13:58
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Broken Sword is an "Elite". For a non-action, puzzle-based adventure this means that it is surely class. Black Glove is pleased.

*wriggles fingers in anticipation*
Fri 31/10/03 at 21:20
Regular
You say SSX 3 sucks?

I thought it looked class. Must play it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.