GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It Shouldn't Make Me Smile But....+OXM23"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/10/03 at 14:36
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=53622

I'm sorry, it does. I thought any hopes Nintendo had of a sudden swift reversal in fortunes were insanely optimistic and that a few of the dedicated Ninties on these forums were getting carried away with the slight sales boost Nintendo experienced...and this proves it.

Sure, Nintendo will pick up sales with Mario Kart and F Zero, but the company was haemoraghing money at an alarming rate when the machine was 129.99 let alone 79.99 or 99.99 with the Mariokart bundle.

On another note, the new OXM is well worth a purchase, and has the following demos (all playable)

Project Gotham 2 (!)
Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure
Magic The Gathering Battlegrounds
Metal Arms
Midtown MAdness 3
SSX3
Kao The Kangaroo 2
ESPN NHL Hockey

Plus running demo videos of other titles.

Reviews wise it must be the BEST month ever since launch, I don't know about anyone else but there seems to be a sudden tidal wave of quality titles emerging, and it's not over yet

LOTR Return Of The King 8.5
PGR2 9.3
Crimson Skies 8.9
Broken Sword 9.0
Metal Arms 9.0
Amped 2 8.9
Rainbow Six 3 9.4
Grabbed By the Ghoulies 8.9
Top Spin 9.0

These are the best but there are plenty more reviews, notably SWAT GST and Dynasty Warriors 4 fail to live up to expectations, though in SWAT's case the blame is on Rainbow -why have silver when gold costs the same eh ?

SSX also gets (I think) 7.9 but you'd be daft to buy it when you can get Amped 2, with LIVE play.

This issue also sees the roll out of Microsoft's XSN games.
Thu 30/10/03 at 14:36
Regular
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=53622

I'm sorry, it does. I thought any hopes Nintendo had of a sudden swift reversal in fortunes were insanely optimistic and that a few of the dedicated Ninties on these forums were getting carried away with the slight sales boost Nintendo experienced...and this proves it.

Sure, Nintendo will pick up sales with Mario Kart and F Zero, but the company was haemoraghing money at an alarming rate when the machine was 129.99 let alone 79.99 or 99.99 with the Mariokart bundle.

On another note, the new OXM is well worth a purchase, and has the following demos (all playable)

Project Gotham 2 (!)
Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure
Magic The Gathering Battlegrounds
Metal Arms
Midtown MAdness 3
SSX3
Kao The Kangaroo 2
ESPN NHL Hockey

Plus running demo videos of other titles.

Reviews wise it must be the BEST month ever since launch, I don't know about anyone else but there seems to be a sudden tidal wave of quality titles emerging, and it's not over yet

LOTR Return Of The King 8.5
PGR2 9.3
Crimson Skies 8.9
Broken Sword 9.0
Metal Arms 9.0
Amped 2 8.9
Rainbow Six 3 9.4
Grabbed By the Ghoulies 8.9
Top Spin 9.0

These are the best but there are plenty more reviews, notably SWAT GST and Dynasty Warriors 4 fail to live up to expectations, though in SWAT's case the blame is on Rainbow -why have silver when gold costs the same eh ?

SSX also gets (I think) 7.9 but you'd be daft to buy it when you can get Amped 2, with LIVE play.

This issue also sees the roll out of Microsoft's XSN games.
Thu 30/10/03 at 14:39
Regular
OXM have overated a lot of games in the past and I think Grabbed by the Goulies is one of them.
Thu 30/10/03 at 14:42
Regular
Well next issue they have a playable demo of the Ghoulies game.
Thu 30/10/03 at 14:43
Regular
I don't buy it because it's well expensive and I'm a skin-flint.
Thu 30/10/03 at 18:05
Regular
Playable demo of PGR2?

I'm sold, shall go get a copy tomorrow.
Thu 30/10/03 at 18:07
Regular
SSX games are over hyped EA spin offs. Didnd't expect anything more from a company which continually disappoints in one form another. Amped 2 although different in its style and approach will be seriously pi*s on SSX 3.
Thu 30/10/03 at 18:45
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Seeing as the Nintendo price drop is mentioned on this topic I might as well ask - am I the only one who finds the "woohoo !" in the new GC ads extremely bloody annoying. Plus, in my opinion, it really underlines the "Nintendos for kids" belief that is still tagged to them.

Woohoo ! Yeah right, shove that annoying sound straight up where the sun don't shine.
Thu 30/10/03 at 18:49
Regular
Can't comment on the Nintendo adverts as I'm yet to see one, despite probably watching more tv than is healthy this week.
Thu 30/10/03 at 18:51
Regular
I am losing patience with my GameCube. Aside from Viewtiful Joe there isn't any other game I want to play on my Cube. I am hoping Mario Kart will sort that out otherwise I am offloading all my collection to fund for Xbox games and the odd PS2 exclusive here and there. I am not selling my Cube though, its not worth it for £35 I would actually get for it.
Thu 30/10/03 at 18:51
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> SSX games are over hyped EA spin offs. Didnd't expect anything more
> from a company which continually disappoints in one form another.

Judging from the reviews I've read in other magazines and on the internet of SSX3, I'd say the low score is more likely down to EA and Microsoft not getting on and also to make Amped 2 look even better next to the competition.

I'll be getting Amped 2 for the Live play, but SSX3 is still looking like a damn good game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.