GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is wrong with the staff in GAME??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/10/03 at 20:17
Regular
"Conker the King"
Was in GAME today and overheard this conversation between a mum, her kid and the 'drip' member of staff.

Mum - "I want to get a GBA for my son, which game is best"?
Drip - "What sort of game do you want"?
Mum - "I thought computer games were for boys".
Drip - "My future wife loves watching me play". (dump him now love)!
Mum - "Its for my son"
Drip (to son) - "How old are you"?
Son (looking horrified) - "Ten"
Drip - "Oh, you're the ideal age. You are who Nintendo aim their games at"!
Mum - "Oh thats good"
Me - Thumps drip, walks off, boycotts GAME for another month!
Thu 30/10/03 at 21:53
Regular
ALso have to ram down everyones throat that its the only console with imagination.
Thu 30/10/03 at 21:52
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Gamecube Owners - have to insist that it is a mature console whilst everyone else just plays the games and listens to them. Also have to remind everyone that bright cartoon graphics do not mean it is a kids game. Also have to insist cartoon style characters do not give Nintendo a kiddy image.
Thu 30/10/03 at 21:50
Regular
I own all 3 and a Dreamcas**t so what bull sh*t can you drum up about that?
Thu 30/10/03 at 21:46
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Under 14's own Playstation 2's cos the GC is far too 'kiddy' for them.

14 - 18's own X-box's cos its a 'mature' persons console and 14 - 18 year olds desperately crave to be 'mature' and see this console as the perfect status symbol for them to prove how grown up they are *cough*

19+ own GC cos they have no personality complex problem with being associated with a supposed kiddies console cos theyre old enough to know whats really what and dont need to own an X-box in order to feel mature.

Theres a few things to rattle a few cages, but whichever way you look at it we all know every word is true (cue X-box owners to grossly argue these comments whilst PS2 and GC owners will just laugh in total agreement with me)

:)
Thu 30/10/03 at 21:43
Regular
"Proffesional Eejit."
Nash wrote:
> gerrod!!! wrote:
> just
> like
> you
Thu 30/10/03 at 21:39
Regular
Me - Hmm, lets see this thread
You - Bores me with crappy post
Me - Posts reply showing how crap it is
Me - Thumps keyboard and walks off.
Thu 30/10/03 at 21:37
Regular
College and working.
Thu 30/10/03 at 21:31
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Prat? Hahah!
>
> Quit talking out of your anus. Stupid posts get stupid replies, I
> thought you would know that by now...

It had the potential of starting a debate... no matter how it is written.

I merely thought your reply was a bit harsh.

How old are you by chance Alastair, what are you currently doing (working, schooling...)
Thu 30/10/03 at 21:31
Regular
"Teal'c"
gerrod!!! wrote:
> just
> like
> you
Thu 30/10/03 at 21:27
Regular
Prat? Hahah!

Quit talking out of your anus. Stupid posts get stupid replies, I thought you would know that by now...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.