GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which game has the best graphics, ever?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/09/01 at 11:58
Regular
For me its Star Wars Rogue Sqaudron: Rogue Leader on GameCube.
Thu 02/09/10 at 22:41
Regular
I've posters available for anyone that wants them. The more publicity the better. Let me know and I'll email you a copy.
The line-up for the day is as follows:
Bog A Ten - Victorian Science Fiction/Exploration
Ancients 6mm
Sci-Fi Bugs
English Civil War
Wings of War
The 13th Warrior - Dark Age Skirmish
Various other games
Note that not all games will be available to play all day, we might have to rotate games on some tables.
We also anticipate a Bring & Buy table if anyone has items for sale to raise funds for the club.
Displays of figures, models, board-games & reference books.
Figure painting competition - figures (supplied undercoated) painted in a limited time on the day. Prizes for junior and senior members.
Publicise this as much as possible - a fun, family day out!
Fri 30/07/10 at 19:24
Regular
We still seem to have made no progress on this. I would suggest we try to put on different games to previous years. There's no reason we can't put on a fantasy game, Warmaster or Warhammer should look good. I'd always prefer larger scale 25mm figures as they look better but smaller scales help prospective new members realise that costs are not prohibitive.
I would suggest we look at:
Bog A Ten (plenty of simple fun and it looks good)
ECW (a fairly simple system to learn - lots of troops & terrain can look good)
6mm Ancients (so that the junior members can show off their stuff)
Fantasy (whatever Ssendam and other interested parties decide)
Wings of War (I know we did it last year but it did bring in the junior members and it is simple and fun) I can't think of a similar alternative
Any ideas and suggestions.
Mon 28/06/10 at 20:01
Regular
I was going to suggest a fantasy game because they can be quite good eye-candy. I am happy to set up a warmaster table, it's only 4' x 4'. Or find a Warhammer game from somewhere?

Any Wings of War?

Display cabinet for stuff?
Sun 27/06/10 at 21:47
Regular
UPDATE:
Sorry I forgot the Space Hulk game.
Sun 27/06/10 at 21:46
Regular
THIS IS AN UPDATE:
Games suggested to me so far are; Bog A Ten, SF Bugs v. civilians, 6mm Ancients, ECW. Forgive me if I've forgotten anything.
Comments & suggestions are welcome.
Thu 13/05/10 at 08:36
Regular
Ssendam, as far as I am aware we have no agreed schedule as yet. Any suggestions are welcome. When I get back we can short-list what we have and start making some firm plans.
Wed 05/05/10 at 11:30
Regular
Would it be possible for someone to post up the games program? Do you need any more games or events to be run?
Wed 14/04/10 at 20:30
Regular
So a real slaughter-fest then. Just in case the general public have any doubts about our declared pacifism. (Only 140 eh? Still time to paint some more though)
Tue 13/04/10 at 21:53
Regular
Bugs game planned to be much bigger than last year, up to 140 armed civilians to be killed by the bugs! Yours David (aka Scream and Shout).
Tue 06/04/10 at 22:48
Regular
Space Hulk should be good. Easy for anyone to join in especially the youngsters.
Bog-A-Ten works well because all the difficult stuff is controlled by the umpire. It's about the level of Gangfire for ease of play but because of the competitive edge between players (who's going to get to the treasure first?) players are just as interested in how others are doing as they are in their own trials and tribulations.
We'll give it a run out before the day so everyone can see what it's like.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.