GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is the Piledriver banned???"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/09/01 at 17:38
Regular
Is the piledriver banned???

Since the accident with Chyna i've heard that the piledriver(and any move of that effect) was going to be banned. But since the accident Kane(and others) have attempted to do the move but the opposition crawls over their backs and to the floor. Is this just a coincidence or is the move not banned and is able to be performed.

And on this note did anyone know that Stone Cold will not have any moves done above the neck incase of his injury coming back to haunt him. He said it in the WWF Raw magazine but then weeks later the was put in the crossface by Benoit. Whats going on???

By the way, back to my point,

Is the piledriver banned?
Wed 05/09/01 at 17:38
Is the piledriver banned???

Since the accident with Chyna i've heard that the piledriver(and any move of that effect) was going to be banned. But since the accident Kane(and others) have attempted to do the move but the opposition crawls over their backs and to the floor. Is this just a coincidence or is the move not banned and is able to be performed.

And on this note did anyone know that Stone Cold will not have any moves done above the neck incase of his injury coming back to haunt him. He said it in the WWF Raw magazine but then weeks later the was put in the crossface by Benoit. Whats going on???

By the way, back to my point,

Is the piledriver banned?
Wed 05/09/01 at 17:44
Regular
the piledriver was banned ages before the chyna thing. (that was part of the storyline!)
Wed 05/09/01 at 17:45
Regular
I don't think the piledriver will be banned because the WWF may have to give some people the same move 'cos lots of people hav it as their finisher.
Wed 05/09/01 at 17:48
Regular
wen was it banned 'cos i'm sure i remember Kane 'n' Undertaker doing the tombstone piledriver in some recent PPV's.
Wed 05/09/01 at 17:58
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
well considering the fact Undertaker and Kane have both changed their finishers from the Tombstone Piledriver then i think it must have been banned. but i think it was banned ages ago and Val Venis did sort of break the rules a bit.

(but was chynas neck injury real)
Wed 05/09/01 at 18:02
I havent seen the piledriver recently cos as Kane put his opponent onto his shoulders to do the move they would fall down his back.

The move should be banned as it can go awefully wrong.

Yes the Chyna incident was part of the storyline, it was in the WWF mag, many people were disgusted of how they could use the accident as a plot and how she had broken her neck. Many people complained and I think the WWF ignored the claims as the storyline went on for ages.

How many wrestlers use the piledriver as there finisher?

1) Undertaker (not anymore, now its the Last Ride)
2) Kane (not often, uses Chokeslam or Last Ride)

thats alll i can think of at the moment.
Wed 05/09/01 at 18:04
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Yes it is banned, due to the Taker botching a Tombstone on HHH, knocking him unconsious. Vince will do anything to keep HHH, so he banned piledrivers for him.

However, Taker did the Tombstone at WM.
Wed 05/09/01 at 18:07
Regular
Thats wot i meant i've seen it recently.
Wed 05/09/01 at 18:09
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> Yes it is banned, due to the Taker botching a Tombstone on HHH,
> knocking him unconsious. Vince will do anything to keep HHH, so he
> banned piledrivers for him.

When was this incident?
Wed 05/09/01 at 18:10
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
I have no idea...must have been a while ago, before I was a hardcore fan.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.