GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lotus Challenge - wot do you think of the demo ?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/09/01 at 15:04
Regular
It was on the lastest cover disc from OPM2, your thoughts, I thought the handling was hardwork but after looking at their website I am please to see lots of cars and tracks, release date 28/9 or 1/11?. These developers seem to work to different calendars to the rest of the world!
Thu 06/09/01 at 18:53
Regular
"Whatever!"
Even Le Mans 24 which was quite impressive is so far behind GT3 - I dont think anything will come even close!!
Thu 06/09/01 at 12:49
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
The graphics are good, but not as good as GT3 by a mile. If it had been released before GT3 it might have had a chance.

It plays like a t**d. releasing the demo was a fatal mistake as it is so weak compared to gt3, though I remember the gt3 demo ages ago was not all that hot imo.

Shame, it looked promising.
Thu 06/09/01 at 11:30
"High polygon count"
What amazes me is, the demo is SO bad, did they really thing it would help sell the game?!
Thu 06/09/01 at 11:25
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Altering the options (Auto braking etc) make huge improvements to playability. There is no contact email address on the official site, was this done on purpose ?????
Thu 06/09/01 at 11:20
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
I haven't seen the demo of this game but you guys have just put me right off of seeing it or buying it.

I'll be advising my mate who was going to buy it not to as well.

Thu 06/09/01 at 11:14
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Once you alter the options (Auto Braking etc), it gets better.
Steering is best woth the stick, the control pads seem to have a five second delay !!.
Shame there isn't an email address to get in touch with the developers on their site.
Was this done on purpose ????
Thu 06/09/01 at 00:41
Regular
"Touched!"
it is good that developers are trying to make good racing games but this garbage, its making the name for lotus worse not better, like people have said, nothing has a chance of beating GT3
Wed 05/09/01 at 20:46
Regular
"Back For Good"
It's rubbish, I don't know why they bother.

The graphics were very plain and the game is poo in a word, Seeing the driver was a good thing and one of the steering options was fanastic where you pull down the analog stick to turn but other than that it's garbage.
Wed 05/09/01 at 18:38
That demo was absolute crap. Now that GT3 is out other companies should give up making games in the same style unless they are amazing. Instead they should focus on the wipeout/f-zero area of racing.
Wed 05/09/01 at 18:28
Regular
"Whatever!"
Hmmmmm, it wasnt bad but it wasnt exactly brilliant either - I may not bother with it as there are tons of better racing games to come!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.