GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lotus Challenge - wot do you think of the demo ?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/09/01 at 15:04
Regular
It was on the lastest cover disc from OPM2, your thoughts, I thought the handling was hardwork but after looking at their website I am please to see lots of cars and tracks, release date 28/9 or 1/11?. These developers seem to work to different calendars to the rest of the world!
Fri 14/09/01 at 11:28
Regular
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
> You're right... it isn't! :-)

Oh well.

Nevermind, I can't be correct ALL the time.

:-)
Fri 14/09/01 at 11:24
"High polygon count"
You're right... it isn't! :-)
Fri 14/09/01 at 11:22
Regular
This game isn't anything to do with the Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge games on the Amiga are they?

Those were done by Gremlin, if I remember rightly...
Fri 14/09/01 at 11:18
"High polygon count"
Just received this from Ananova.com ...

-----

Virgin Interactive have delayed the release of PlayStation 2 game Lotus Challenge to make improvements.

They have been working on an enhanced control system and better camera angles following reviews of the game in progress.

Lotus Challenge will be released on November 9.

Virgin Interactive Manager Roy Campbell said: "These additional two months will allow us to fully realise the potential of the Lotus name with one of the most comprehensive and exhilarating racing games on PlayStation 2.

"Particularly, these changes address concerns highlighted by those magazines which have looked at early review code."
Sun 09/09/01 at 01:43
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
The handling on that game is so poor it's amazing! I predict a 6/10.
Sat 08/09/01 at 13:36
Regular
"Whatever!"
After more examination this game sucks - The idea is great but the gameplay is rather poor and should in no way be ready for release - A lot of work needs to be done if it can even be mentioned in the same sentance as GT3!!
Sat 08/09/01 at 13:06
The game is just cack. Why do they bother? They may as well just carry on working on the game for another year until it is even remotely close to being good enough for people to play. GT3 is - and always will be - the king of driving games. Full stop.
Sat 08/09/01 at 09:55
Regular
i like the way you can flash your headlights and thats all folks
Fri 07/09/01 at 09:27
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Delevopers have a tough time writing games, especially when there is such high competition. Having a killer app like GT3 on the shelves has forced games makers into trying harder, by raising the standard that the public are now used to.

Lotus and Le Mans are both good games, had they been at that standard on the PS1 we would all be talking about it like we are about GT3. The fact is, is that we don't have the cash to buy every game released, and the writers know this. They have to make their game better in some way over whatever is on the shelves in order for it to sell. A tall order for racing games, as GT3 is stunning.

But what could they have done? GT3 covers everything pretty nicely. Lotus has accurate renditions of cars, but then GT3 does it but with all the other manufacturers. GT3 has more tracks, the massive GT mode, the television ad campaign and the fact that whenever someone asks "What racer should I get on the PS2?" they allready know the answer.

Lotus had some nice ideas, the stunt mode would have done well in GT3, andthe steering mechanism was original, but it wont sell because it just isnt as good a game. If GT3 had the stunt mode we wouldnt need another racing game until GTN comes out.

I am a real fan of racing games, and was really looking forward to Lotus, but it's not GT3, which I am not done with yet, so I wont be getting it. For me to get another racing game before I have finished GT3 it is going to have to be really special. GT3 now has set the standard, and now developers know they have to beat this, I am really looking forward to te next generation of GT3 competition.

The future of racing is looking nice from where weare stood...
Thu 06/09/01 at 21:47
Regular
"Touched!"
its just a good job we all have played the shoddy demo, at least we know what not to buy this year *sigh

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.