GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Top Spin - Missing something ??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Top Spin'.
Thu 13/11/03 at 22:37
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I've been playing Top Spin quite a lot, but somethings just really bugging me - that being that all the buttons, although supposedly executing different shots, all do the same thing !

The only different one is the lob. I get sod all bend on the slice shot except if I'm serving and as for the top spin ball, um, utter crud.
At best, all the slice and top spin shots do, is go slower accross the court, giving my opponent plenty more time to get accross to return it. Plus another thing I've noticed is that no matter how hard I slam the ball back - the opponent almost always has more than enough time to run accross to return - really gets on my bloody nerves.

My training is fully done, yet my shots seem to be pretty crud and weak (and yes I do hold the button down to add more power). I made my character more on the technical side, expecting to base things more around trickier shots rather than power, but I might as well have just gone for power cause I'm just not getting any decent shots at all.
Am I missing something somewhere ? I really hope so cause otherwise its just a case of really sticking with the normal return cause its the only thing that gets results. Hate how any variation has to be put down to bloody risk shots.
You either try hammering it down or tapping it over the net, but the slightest balls up in stopping the line at the right time as you're running around and of course the whole thing backfires.
Would be nice to have more thought and skill envolved rather than taking risk shots to break the dead lock.

Been trying all kinds of ways to add bend and stuff to my other shots but my character seems to just pass it to the opponent rather than put the ball past him. I'm managing to win matches, but at the same time this will only go so far.

Would help if the training in the game was actually helpful rather than just "Hit these targets within 1 minute ! GO !!!"
Anyway, guess I'll go online for a little while and lose. Shoulda named my character Swan - he loves diving for every shot - gets on my short and curlies.
Fri 14/11/03 at 00:53
"I love yo... lamp."
Can't you just "win" PGR 2?

I'll have to challenge you to a race when it comes out.
Fri 14/11/03 at 16:39
Regular
Can you do doubles online?
Fri 14/11/03 at 17:27
Regular
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Games like Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six don't do it for me.

Ye Ghost Recon is utter guff but Rainbow Six 3 is kick ass. Both on and offline it plays superbly, in fact its almost completely different to the PC versions of Rainbow Six. Great fun to play, no level planning before hand but most of all its actually fun to play.
Fri 14/11/03 at 19:02
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Is the multiplayer abit more arcadey then acual game?

The demo didn't impress me much.
Fri 14/11/03 at 19:05
Regular
"All about the Beats"
DreamWarBird wrote:
> Is the multiplayer abit more arcadey then acual game?
>
> The demo didn't impress me much.

Im on about Rainbow 6 3
Fri 14/11/03 at 19:09
Regular
The game is much more arcade based than any other Rainbow Six installment but the multiplayer is as arcade based ay you want. If you want to go running in gunning you better hope you are playing some pretty pants opponents. Its as tactical as you want it to be both in multi and single player.
Fri 14/11/03 at 19:14
Regular
"All about the Beats"
What about Counter Strike?

Thats coming soon.
Fri 14/11/03 at 19:20
Regular
Arcade? Anything but. I always go for one shot kills but its definitley not an arcade game.
Mon 17/11/03 at 00:41
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
God damn this game gets on my t!ts. After about a week's hard graft online, I'm around 9,300th out of about 9,500th yet I'm not actually that bad. I swear some people are super-humanly good at this game. It's bloody frustrating, especially when you play against people who insist on pumping the 'attitude' button after every point like a big \/\/anking monkey.
Mon 17/11/03 at 00:46
Regular
Get Amped 2. I finished a run coming second out of nine people with a score of 312,000 only to look at first place to see he had broken the 2 million barrier. Don't ask me how but he did.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.