GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony are geniuses"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/11/03 at 20:26
"Sony/PS2/Best"
The new PSP pictures, that Sony have released, are beautiful. I think this'll make anything, even the GBASP look crap. Amazing. :)
Sat 22/11/03 at 15:22
"High polygon count"
J-42 wrote:
> Dedication to the game industry? How? They rushed the PS2

Again... just as well for the opposition that they did. If they'd spent time on it, there'd be no hope for the rest!

> a dedicated company, for example Nintendo wouldn't have commited such
> atrosities.

No, they just recycle Mario every year.
Sat 22/11/03 at 17:14
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> J-42 wrote:
>
> Again... just as well for the opposition that they did. If they'd
> spent time on it, there'd be no hope for the rest!

Had they spent time on it, they would have released it much later, therfore the other two companies would have had a much more equal chance due to the fact that their competitor already had a huge number of units sold.

And the Dreamcast would still be alive.
Sat 22/11/03 at 20:41
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> J-42 wrote:
>
>
>
> a dedicated company, for example Nintendo wouldn't have commited
> such
> atrosities.
>
> No, they just recycle Mario every year.
lets face it..Sega should be the no.1 console company..they always made the best[apart from mega drive,32x] but made stupid mistakes like the price and non advertsiing. The Ps2 is hardly a big step forward from the ps1. and Nintendo just have mario,zelda and probably metroid prime now as there big games.
Sega have games like virtua fighter,sonic,shenmue,panzer dragoon and any sports games[apart from football] and many other class titles...and lets not mention classic games they could bring back like nights and burning rangers...man i cant wait for the day sega say that they are gonna go back into making consoles.
Sat 22/11/03 at 20:42
Regular
sorry that should be the mega cd, not the mega drive.
Sat 22/11/03 at 22:08
Regular
"lets go back"
Plenty of people bought the GBA SP who already had a regular GBA and it doesn't even play better games it just has a backlit screen and looks better, so i don't think there will be an issue of people not buying a PSP because they have a game boy. If the PSP is as good as Sony say it is, it should sell loads. The GBA is just about better than a SNES whereas the PSP is going to be between ps1 and ps2 standard with movie and music capabilitys. It will cater for a broader market than the game boy.

The game boy has become like Fifa football games, being updated with new looks. Thre have been loads of different incarnations in different sizes, colours and styles but there where only ever 3 majour versions of it. People still buy these "updates" even though they offer barely anything new so i see no reason why the PSP wont sell seen as it offers so much.
Sun 23/11/03 at 10:29
"Darkness, always"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:

Hehe. Given that PS2 fans lapped up GTA3 with a different colour pallette and a few new levels, you hardly have ground to accuse other formats of recycling titles. Besides which, I can't think of many Mario titles which rip eachother off.

Each side is at least as guilty as the other on that front, especially since Wrestling titles are multi-format and are practically all the same.
Sun 23/11/03 at 18:25
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> J-42 wrote:
>

Although this is true, it s irrelevant to the topic.

>
>
> a dedicated company, for example Nintendo wouldn't have commited
> such
> atrosities.
>

Give one example of a bad mario game.
Sun 23/11/03 at 18:31
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
mr sunday night wrote:
> lets face it..Sega should be the no.1 console company..they always
> made the best[apart from mega drive,32x]

Why are Sega the best?

but made stupid mistakes
> like the price and non advertsiing. The Ps2 is hardly a big step
> forward from the ps1. and Nintendo just have mario,zelda and probably
> metroid prime now as there big games.

Nintendo have several other legendary gaming franchises, such as F Zero, and Pokemon. (Although I don't like the pokemon cards, cartoons, etc. the games are fantastic.)

> Sega have games like virtua fighter,sonic,shenmue,panzer dragoon and
> any sports games[apart from football] and many other class
> titles...and lets not mention classic games they could bring back
> like nights and burning rangers...man i cant wait for the day sega
> say that they are gonna go back into making consoles.

You'll be waiting a long time. Yes, those titles are good, and they have been released on other consoles, so what do you care?
Sun 23/11/03 at 22:14
Regular
Personally, I prefer Nintendo out of the two. Sega have their moments, but have been rather boring recently.
Mon 24/11/03 at 13:56
Regular
because im not gonna buy all 3 consoles just to get all the great sega games. And as long as sega are multi format i cant see them ever doing another nights game which is a big shame.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.