GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony are geniuses"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/11/03 at 20:26
"Sony/PS2/Best"
The new PSP pictures, that Sony have released, are beautiful. I think this'll make anything, even the GBASP look crap. Amazing. :)
Sat 15/11/03 at 21:55
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Leeds_United_4ever wrote:
> Sony are GENIUSES, not genuii or whatever!

pwned
Sat 15/11/03 at 22:32
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Sony are far from geniuses. For starters, they're copying Nintendo with their hand held console, not that it will pose much threat and have any significance on the gaming world.
They should ave not rushed the PS2, and made it a better console.
The only original idea that they've had is the 'Eye toy.'
Sun 16/11/03 at 00:47
Regular
"es argh"
J-42 wrote:
> Sony are far from geniuses. For starters, they're copying Nintendo
> with their hand held console,

Harum??

They're just opening uo the competition in the handheld market, like microsoft with consoles

not that it will pose much threat and
> have any significance on the gaming world.

Really?

> They should ave not rushed the PS2, and made it a better console.
> The only original idea that they've had is the 'Eye toy.'

Erm, kinda agree but too tired to think of reasons.

Butterfly.

Samrat.
Sun 16/11/03 at 01:27
"High polygon count"
J-42 wrote:
> Sony are far from geniuses. For starters, they're copying Nintendo
> with their hand held console

Hmm. Well, if you want to look at it that way, Nintendo are one of the biggest copycats going. After all, games consoles existed long before Nintendo ever thought of the idea. So they copied someone.

I suppose you could argue that they took the idea and made massive improvements to it. But if you do say that, then that's what Sony are doing as far as the Gameboy/PSP issue is concerned.

> not that it will pose much threat and have any significance
> on the gaming world.

You hope!

You could be right, but if anyone has the ability to challenge the Gameboy in its various guises, then Sony are the ones to do it. They already have a massive following, and the machine spec is far superior. That in itself doesn't necessarily mean anything, of course - but if the console is launched at a price comparable to that of the GBA, and the games - as they are claiming - will be cheaper, then who knows?

Of course, if it does take off in a big way, it could - potentially - spell problems for Nintendo, as I believe most of their revenue comes from Gameboy's massive sales?

Still, all that's irrelevant - all I know is... I want one!

> They should ave not rushed the PS2, and made it a better console.

Just as well they didn't, though, isn't it? I mean, where would Nintendo and Microsoft be then? ;-)
Sun 16/11/03 at 10:02
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
J-42 wrote:
> The only original idea that they've had is the 'Eye toy.'

Oh and a handheld multimedia machine that uses UMD discs and has proper 3D graphics comparable to this generation of consoles.
Sun 16/11/03 at 11:56
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
I've got nothing against the PSP, on the contrary, I'm liking the tech specs and what could be done with it.

But those concept drawings are nasty!
Sun 16/11/03 at 12:06
"Darkness, always"
I still laugh when I see that picture of some guy fitting a 19cm long item neatly into his small jacket pocket.
Sun 16/11/03 at 12:11
Regular
"tokyo police club"
He's giving us Leeds fans a bad name.

You may support the best team in the land, my friend, but you know nothing about gay men... or gaming for that matter
Sun 16/11/03 at 14:05
"period drama"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> I still laugh when I see that picture of some guy fitting a 19cm long
> item neatly into his small jacket pocket.

Too ... many ... jokes ....
Must ... resist .... temptation ....
Sun 16/11/03 at 20:38
"Sony/PS2/Best"
Mattribute wrote:
> He's giving us Leeds fans a bad name.
>
> You may support the best team in the land, my friend, but you know
> nothing about gay men... or gaming for that matter

How am I giving Leeds fans a bad name? Leeds have nothing to do with gaming, console-wise.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.