GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario Kart: DD Time Trial Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Kart Double Dash'.
Sat 15/11/03 at 11:23
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I thought with all the talk of the title around the forum it was probably time for one of these, i've been playing for a bit and have completed Luigi Circuit in 1:32:897 and my fastest lap was 0:30:257
Sun 16/11/03 at 15:42
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Very quick time Tribute, I've managed 59.xxx for 1 lap but not gotthree good ones together :(

Have you checked out www.mkdd.co.uk ?
Sun 16/11/03 at 15:26
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Ashman wrote:
> I allready have, and have unlocked the Staff Ghost (I think it's
> 2:47:00 to unlock it). I did it in 2:45:9xx

LIES!

And... how?
Sun 16/11/03 at 14:51
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
ThisIsAFunnyName wrote:
> Has anyone managed under 10 seconds on Baby Park?

Yes, but it was on my first lap where I got a perfect boost start and used two boosts on the lap!
Sun 16/11/03 at 14:50
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Valentino Rossi wrote:
>can't see how Mario is the fastest though

Neither could I, but that's what the staff ghost uses.
Sun 16/11/03 at 14:48
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I allready have, and have unlocked the Staff Ghost (I think it's 2:47:00 to unlock it). I did it in 2:45:9xx
Sun 16/11/03 at 14:10
Regular
"tokyo police club"
http://www.geocities.com/tribute35/Dsc30335.jpg

I dare you to beat me
Sun 16/11/03 at 00:45
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Not unlocked Luigi Circuit ghost yet, will post my best times for all tracks tomorrow. Your right about keeping tight and avoiding the boosts on the bend, can't see how Mario is the fastest though
Sun 16/11/03 at 00:02
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Valentino Rossi wrote:
> Ashman I'm down to 1.30.4xx on Luigi Circuit

Have you unlocked the staff ghost yet? You just gotta get every lap perfect and use the boosts on exiting the final turn at the end of laps 1 & 2. This increases your speed instantly from 40 ish mph on the end of the curve to and instant boost speed and back down to your average boosting speed. You should also powerslide round the inside of the 2 curves with outside boost pads. You should average about 0:29:5xx ish per lap
Sat 15/11/03 at 23:55
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I gotta unlock everything else before I go back to Time Trialing...it's just so darned tempting though!
Sat 15/11/03 at 19:19
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Valentino Rossi wrote:
> Ashman I'm down to 1.30.4xx on Luigi Circuit, you using Bowser and his
> Kart ? (that's the fastest combo), you getting the turbo start also
> ?check out top times on www.mkdd.co.uk (time trial page) you need
> proof of your times on their an they won't be updated 'til Monday so
> I've got loads to submit tomorrow, you need to beat the staff ghost
> time for them to even enter you.
>
> Glad to see another time trial fan, I've only won 4 cups so far ....

Yep, time trial is the best part of MK...mainly because it has the longest lifespan. I'm actually using Yoshi and Birdo and the Yoshi Kart. I find the best technique not to use the boost pads but to take the corners on the inside as you have less distance travel. I just got 1:28:9xx on Luigi Circuit. The Staff Ghost is unlocked when the circuit is completed in any time under 1:29:00 i would assume. The ghost seems to suggest Mario and Luigi are the best pairing for this track, in Mario's Kart.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.