GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario Kart: DD Time Trial Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Kart Double Dash'.
Sat 15/11/03 at 11:23
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I thought with all the talk of the title around the forum it was probably time for one of these, i've been playing for a bit and have completed Luigi Circuit in 1:32:897 and my fastest lap was 0:30:257
Sun 16/11/03 at 16:36
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Mattribute wrote:
> Power-sliding slows me down.

Then you need to learn to utilise it properly.
Sun 16/11/03 at 16:35
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Mattribute wrote:
> LIES!

I didn't play throught the race twice pausing and writing all this up to get that kind of feedback...
Sun 16/11/03 at 16:35
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Power-sliding slows me down.
Sun 16/11/03 at 16:34
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Mattribute wrote:
> Although i can't use power-slides much...

Without powersliding, you are automatically losing large amounts of time.
Sun 16/11/03 at 16:34
Regular
"tokyo police club"
LIES!
Sun 16/11/03 at 16:33
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Oh i made a mistake or two, you must keep to the right hand side when approaching Bowser, and the turn after the Thomps is a left hand turn not a right hand.
Sun 16/11/03 at 16:29
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Yes, I am big on powersliding. Here is what I do on Bowser's Castle. Bare in mind you must use a kart with a high top speed, and NEVER hit the wall to do this well. I normally use Toad and Toadette as drivers:

Near the start firstly dart down the left corridor with the Thwomps in. Go to the right hand side of the Thomps making sure you don't hit the wall (or the Thomp)before using an early powerslide to turn right round the right hand corner, make sure the blue sparks are flying so you get an extra little boost.

Try and use your boosts on the iron mesh with the hole in it, and then do a nice powerslide up to the right hand ramp round the corner. When coming close to that long spiralling castle climb, point your kart left when flying off the boost pads and over the lava.

Hold left and powerslide in mid air so you immediately start powersliding as you hit the floor. You must not boost or hit the wall at this point or you will lose vital seconds. Once the spiral is over you should have an extra boost from the powersliding. When in the fire room, you need either luck, or timing. You need to either squeeze through two pieces of fire near the center of the room or if they are out of your way then simply go straight. Straight after this room start an early slide round the corner and try to get a powerslide boost too. Slide again round the next corner then the hairpin. You must then continue to powerslide around the zig zag cornersand aim to skid on the red carpet before boosting (with your blue powerslide) down the stairs.

Keep to the left as you come down in front of bowser before hitting a hard left powerslide instead of going the long way round. This saves at least 3 seconds if done to absoulute perfection. Make sure you have a blue powerslide so you can quickly pull away. Make sure you never hit the wall. Then, at the last turn, do not hit the very slow dark brown earth, and slide round the corner. You can boost over the dark brown ground, but it's best to earn a powerslide boost to fly over the finish line.

I'm sure I have missed things out, and i'm sure it can be done even faster. But this is how I achieved it. It took me ages. And on my best 3 laps I never hit the wall, as this loses a lot of time.
Sun 16/11/03 at 16:03
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I want to know how, yes.

And do you use powersliding a lot?
Sun 16/11/03 at 16:01
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Mattribute wrote:
> Ashman wrote:
> I allready have, and have unlocked the Staff Ghost (I think it's
> 2:47:00 to unlock it). I did it in 2:45:9xx
>
> LIES!
>
> And... how?

Do you want a full explanation of how i did it? I'd gladly post it.
Sun 16/11/03 at 15:49
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Yes, and submitted times.
ashman, however, is LYING!

It's impossible without some kind of a cheat disk.

Although i can't use power-slides much...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.