GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"F Zero first impressions..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'F-Zero X'.
Mon 17/11/03 at 18:16
Regular
Pretty decent game so far although a few things haven't really lived up to what I hoped. For starters the game isn't as fast as I originally magined and although it runs like a dream I still feel well in control of the vehicles which is something I never fealt when playing the Wipeout games. The tracks I have done so far in the Free run mode are damn fine to look at but they are a tad on the short side with very little variation in terms of track layout aside from the obvious visual aspect.

The handling is sweet and the vehicles are quality to control and with one of the easiest control layouts I have ever seen. Great to control, great to look at and some pretty decent audio tracks. Nothing absolutely amazing so far but none the less a solid title that I am hoping will get better the more I go into it. Will crack on with the Story mode later but for now I just want to get used to different vehicles.

So far so good.
Mon 17/11/03 at 18:49
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
The sense of speed is tremendous. I think that it is superior to EXGRA, although I haven't played it.
Mon 17/11/03 at 18:49
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Time Trial is the main attraction once you've unlocked everything/beaten story mode.
Mon 17/11/03 at 18:25
Regular
"gsybe you!"
What, high speed, tight cornering carnage? What you expect? :D

Each racer has loads to unlock. Story mode is pretty tricky.

The real joy comes from winning grand prix (each racer gives you a part on each difficulty level on each grand prix + money) and making your own beastmobile.
Mon 17/11/03 at 18:24
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It's Grand Prix mode where the longevity lies, rather than the Story Mode.
Mon 17/11/03 at 18:23
Regular
The variation with vehicles is fine its just the 10 or so tracks I have done in Free run seem to play in very similar ways.
Mon 17/11/03 at 18:22
Regular
I imagine diving deeper into the Story Mode with vehicle updates will drag you into it more. Been wanting a game like this for a while now and by all accounts it has a pretty in-depth story mode with many different items to unlock and upgrades to earn.
Mon 17/11/03 at 18:20
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The variation in the different cars is incredible. You can have velcro grip cars or a cow with knives-on-ice handling.

Go on some of the Firefield/Port Town/Green ones tracks.
Mon 17/11/03 at 18:18
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If you want that out of control feeling, race with the Green Goose (I think that's what it's called). It has C for grip and you'll slip slide all over the track.

As the game progresses, and you unlock more courses, you only get more involved. Glad you're happy with your choice.
Mon 17/11/03 at 18:16
Regular
Pretty decent game so far although a few things haven't really lived up to what I hoped. For starters the game isn't as fast as I originally magined and although it runs like a dream I still feel well in control of the vehicles which is something I never fealt when playing the Wipeout games. The tracks I have done so far in the Free run mode are damn fine to look at but they are a tad on the short side with very little variation in terms of track layout aside from the obvious visual aspect.

The handling is sweet and the vehicles are quality to control and with one of the easiest control layouts I have ever seen. Great to control, great to look at and some pretty decent audio tracks. Nothing absolutely amazing so far but none the less a solid title that I am hoping will get better the more I go into it. Will crack on with the Story mode later but for now I just want to get used to different vehicles.

So far so good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.