GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is PS2 gonna have an internet connection ..............."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/09/01 at 13:41
Regular
Is the PS2 gonna be able to connect to the internet soon?
Tue 04/09/01 at 21:28
Regular
"accidental superher"
ok *grumble grumble*
Tue 04/09/01 at 20:56
"High polygon count"
beanz wrote:
> AHH why do we get so ripped off??

Why do we? The UK prices mentioned so far in the magazines are nothing but speculation - there's been no official price from Sony UK yet.

Remember that these HD's are bound to be a little more expensive than a standard 40Gb PC IDE drive, as they have an in-built special interface to connect them to the PS2.

I've said for months (and regulars here will back me up) that I expected the drive to be around £100, and the modem/broadband unit to be around £30.

Well, the Japanese HD is the equivalent of £100, so we won't pay much more than that. And for the US, the modem/broadband connector is priced at $39 - so if things follow the usual route, we'll pay £39. So I haven't done too badly.

Anyway... wait for an official UK price before you start complaining! :-)
Tue 04/09/01 at 20:50
Regular
"accidental superher"
AHH why do we get so ripped off??
Tue 04/09/01 at 20:35
"High polygon count"
The 40Gb HD unit went on sale in Japan on July 19 for (the equivalent of) just over £100, which is perfectly reasonable.
Tue 04/09/01 at 20:33
Regular
"accidental superher"
well funnily enough i only go to hong kong (where they also have jap stuff imported) once every year max....
Tue 04/09/01 at 18:48
Well why dont you go to Japan and buy it and stop complaining.
I like my things to be purely british or welsh if i can help it.

Who would want to buy a gamecube anyway, im sticking to the best PS2!!!
Tue 04/09/01 at 18:21
Regular
"accidental superher"
why pay 200 here when you can pay 100 quid in japan for the same thing lol....
actually for the hard drive you could get a blimming gamecube....200 quid that's quite a lot
Tue 04/09/01 at 17:44
£200 is expensive for one piece of hardware that could make gaming on the PS2 superb!!!

By the way Sony have announced that it is likely that in the future smaller capacity HDD (probably 20GB and 10GB) will be released at a cheaper retail price. Theres news for all you cheap skates.

I think £200 is well worth it for the piece of hardware, it will make the gaming experience even more thrilling.
Tue 04/09/01 at 10:29
Regular
"accidental superher"
i think the special edition (volume 1) of opsm said that the hard drive would be 200 pounds...
but will a japanese internal hard drive be compatible with pal systems??
Tue 04/09/01 at 09:46
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
£200 is extremley steep, 40gb IBM HD available for £92.

100gb Maxtor HD available including VAT for £235, I think Sony will have to drasticly cut their price to compete with the market or they could have a glut of spare HD on their shelves.

£40 for a high speed modem, that's not a bad price considering that a cable modem from NTL is about £150 to buy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.