GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just ordered Manhunt!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Manhunt'.
Thu 20/11/03 at 12:28
Regular
Ah what the heck, I can wait for Project Gotham 2 for a few more weeks! Just ordered Manhunt after reading through quite a few reviews. Gamespot gave it a highly respectable 8.4 whilst the completely over rated IGN gave it 8.5! Read a few more reviews from rather unkown sites but they were all around the 8-9/10 region saying it was very close to the Hitman games with splashes of Max Payne and Splinter Cell creeping in. I have backed this game since it was announced to be something decent and by all accounts its definitley one hell of a game.

A lot have mistaken this for just an out and out Rockstar game with no thought required to succeed. They couldn't be any further wrong however. The stealth system sounds brilliant and the game in fact discourages you from going head on into a fist fight due to the difficulty and the amount of personnel who will appear to back up their allies. There are a wide variety of weapons to choose from and each of the close combat weapons comes with 3 stealth kills depending on how long you choose to wait for the kill. By all accounts its much easier to grab a stealth kill in Manhunt than it was in Hitman 2 or other similar games. ou simply hold down the X button for however long and it will reward you with a cinematic and supposedly completely sick fatality.

A few complaints about some of the shooting sections were saying how difficult they are due to the enemies taking cover and flanking you where ever possible. This and the fact that in the later sections of the game you basically go up against a series of fire fights which some will supposedly grow tired of. From a visual and audio point of view its apparently one of the best games on the PS2 yet dispite the awful screenshots Gamespot have said the game holds its own when seen up and running.

Overall it sounds like a top notch game and when I receive it in the next few days I will comment on how well it plays and how similar it is to the Hitman games.

I just hope it doesn't disappoint!
Thu 20/11/03 at 12:28
Regular
Ah what the heck, I can wait for Project Gotham 2 for a few more weeks! Just ordered Manhunt after reading through quite a few reviews. Gamespot gave it a highly respectable 8.4 whilst the completely over rated IGN gave it 8.5! Read a few more reviews from rather unkown sites but they were all around the 8-9/10 region saying it was very close to the Hitman games with splashes of Max Payne and Splinter Cell creeping in. I have backed this game since it was announced to be something decent and by all accounts its definitley one hell of a game.

A lot have mistaken this for just an out and out Rockstar game with no thought required to succeed. They couldn't be any further wrong however. The stealth system sounds brilliant and the game in fact discourages you from going head on into a fist fight due to the difficulty and the amount of personnel who will appear to back up their allies. There are a wide variety of weapons to choose from and each of the close combat weapons comes with 3 stealth kills depending on how long you choose to wait for the kill. By all accounts its much easier to grab a stealth kill in Manhunt than it was in Hitman 2 or other similar games. ou simply hold down the X button for however long and it will reward you with a cinematic and supposedly completely sick fatality.

A few complaints about some of the shooting sections were saying how difficult they are due to the enemies taking cover and flanking you where ever possible. This and the fact that in the later sections of the game you basically go up against a series of fire fights which some will supposedly grow tired of. From a visual and audio point of view its apparently one of the best games on the PS2 yet dispite the awful screenshots Gamespot have said the game holds its own when seen up and running.

Overall it sounds like a top notch game and when I receive it in the next few days I will comment on how well it plays and how similar it is to the Hitman games.

I just hope it doesn't disappoint!
Thu 20/11/03 at 12:39
Regular
"Whatever!"
Going to order it later on - The more I read the more I like
Thu 20/11/03 at 12:43
Regular
I'll probably get it tomorrow, but then there's NFSU, and I'm meant to be buying an Xbox tomorrow too! :(
Thu 20/11/03 at 12:51
Regular
Cna't waste my time with games like NFSU especially when its not even LIVE enabled. Sounded good but doubt it will be a patch on Project Gotham 2, Manhunt on the other hand sounds like a really decent game with some top quality stealth elements. You will still get those of course who will dismiss it due to the extreme violence involved.
Thu 20/11/03 at 12:53
Regular
Don't get me wrong, Manhunt will be ther better, more engrossing game, but NFSU looks pretty damn good too. And it's on PS2 online rather than Xbox Live, so if I do decide to get that, it'll be on PS2.
Thu 20/11/03 at 12:59
Regular
Not prepared to waste my money on PS2 online, nothing really worth playing online that isn't bettered on LIVE. Got Links 2004 on GAD pre-order, Rainbow Six 3, Amped 2 and soon Project Gotham 2 to play on LIVE. PS2 online really can not compete with LIVE in anyway. NFSU will most likely be a rental over Christmas as by all accounts it isn't the longest game out there.
Thu 20/11/03 at 13:04
Regular
True, PS2 Online is pretty lame to be honest, only SOCOM has provided me with some true entertainment (but even that is now overshadowed by R63), but I couldn't play Xbox live as I have a US Xbox. Hopefully that will all change when I go out tomorrow!
Thu 20/11/03 at 13:06
"Darkness, always"
How can a game be like Hitman AND Max Payne?

One is an intelligent sneak about one shot/one kill thinkathon, the other is a comic style blast-everything-that-moves, only do it in slow motion type of game.
Thu 20/11/03 at 13:07
Regular
LIVE is mint. Play most of my games online now but Manhunt is one I am willing to invest the time in offline. Rainbow Six 3 is up there with Knights of the Old Republic, Skies of Arcadia Legends and Zelda: Wind Waker for game of the year. Both on and offline it compeltely smashes it. CO-OP play online on both mission and terrorist mode is unbeatable and although at first I wasn't keen on the team survival modes they are up there with the CO-OP when it comes to out and out fun.
Thu 20/11/03 at 13:08
Regular
It's like Hitman in the stealth sections and body physics but some of the shooting sections and the character system has similar characteristics to Max Payne. Is that too hard for you to comprehend with?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.