GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"True Crime:Streets Of LA"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'True Crime: Streets of LA'.
Sat 22/11/03 at 16:27
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Yup, it arrived yesterday. Its brill.

Get it, everyone :o)

Feel free to ask any questions about it!
Mon 24/11/03 at 23:29
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Ok cheers rabid, I think its just a weird song!

Dringo, I think thats what most peoples judgement is, it may be poor for like, 30mins.. controls are abit hard and stuff, but its a great game. I got a bad karma rating of like -50, then I reset it. I felt like a bit of a rampage!

Seen that armoured car anyone? Cant shoot out its tyres and its almost impossible to stop! I went for a cruise on the freeway for like 15minutes, only to check the map and i'd only moved an inch.

I love the size of this game.

There are loads of places that you can get to if you drive through them hard enough, which is cool!!!
Sun 23/11/03 at 22:50
Regular
I confess poor pre-judgement. I've just spent a good few hours playing True Crime and I must confess it is excellent.

Will be claiming.
Sun 23/11/03 at 22:10
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
GasMask wrote:

Rabid, do you have any sound problems

I cant say i have heard anything that would be deemed as a problem but im probably not the best one to ask on this cos 9/10 ive never heard before so i dunno how theyre supposed to sound :s

I only know Coolio and Snoop... its really not my kinda music but it fits the game perfectly i just dont pay it too much attention sorry.
Sun 23/11/03 at 21:23
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Quazi wrote:

> Ok, but what are the graphics like?

Yup pretty good, not AMAZING, but good. Theres blood when you slow-mo dive or precision aim and shoot people.

> Is there a radio?

Well, music is playing all the time, depending if your cruising or having a gun fight. Its cool though. There is a police CB dispatcher thing, that tells you of any random crimes about. And theres loads. I've come across maybe 60+

> Is there police that try and kill you?

If you start going on a rampage then yup, police chase you, so do various gangs and even the people. (Citizens)

> Can you steal any car?

Yup, any car.

> Are there any planes etc?

Not that I know of, but you can play as Snoop Dogg. People say theres no like secret area's or anything which is true, but only to an extent. Theres loads of places that you can get to if you try hard enough. All it takes is a little imagination!

Best gunfights i've had in a while. Max Mayne style. Rolling and slow-mo diving everywhere. Then when the room started falling apart with pillars half destructed and stuff it was excellent!
Sun 23/11/03 at 21:15
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
rabid wrote:
> I also got it yesterday (day of release) and its awesome !!

Yeah, I've played it more and there are a few glitches but how on earth is it linear? (TW)

Still think its great though. Rabid, do you have any sound problems with like one or two of the songs? Some sound to me really.. like messed up. But I think they're ment to be like that? I'm not sure.

Bishop - True Crime is weird and some other one.
Sun 23/11/03 at 15:14
Regular
Quazi wrote:
> Its just one of those games that you want to be good, because it has
> the potential. Like 'The Getaway'.

The Getaway had a lot of work put into it, and for those who like a more serious slant on things it was quite good. It's only downfall was a distinct lack of immediate fun, which left me and many others bored.

Where True Crime appears to differ is in the way that it seems that it was a rushed job designed to exploit a demographic and make money. I haven't played it, but the impression I get is of a sell-out game with little passion or work put into it.

So therefore I would say that The Getaway had heaps of potential, and fulfilled it to some extent for some people, but True Crime was never going to be anything special due to the nature of the grounds it was developed on. And I think, on some level, we all knew that.
Sun 23/11/03 at 08:27
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> cipro wrote:
> than that only serves to show how sloppy rockstar are at developing
> games.
>
> True most of the time but Rockstar North have done a truly cracking
> job of Manhunt.
>
> Quality through and through.

Im going to get that,
what would you say about it?
Sun 23/11/03 at 02:07
Regular
cipro wrote:
> than that only serves to show how sloppy rockstar are at developing
> games.

True most of the time but Rockstar North have done a truly cracking job of Manhunt.

Quality through and through.
Sun 23/11/03 at 00:16
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Quazi wrote:
> GTA3 and GTA: VC are filled with glitches to, but theres something
> which tells me that they were put there semi-purposely. But this
> game is making me think that it is an incomplete game - or something
> of that sort -

I hope to Christ Rockstar didn't put those glitches in intentionally, because I found the ones in Vice City quite infuriating.

Turning the corner to see nothing there, then marvel as cars, trees, people and buildings magically fade in or the time where I somehow managed to fall through the floor into nothingness as the game crashed.

No, I think these glitches where in the game due to the fact Rockstar only spent a year developing Vice City, and if they where intentional than that only serves to show how sloppy rockstar are at developing games. Saying that however, I still had plentiful amounts of fun with both GTA's, glitches where troublesome at times but they weren't enough to spoil my enjoyment.
Sat 22/11/03 at 20:54
Regular
Auf deutsch wrote:
> Quazi wrote:
> Time_Warp wrote:
> The game is completely filled with glitches. They're not all bad
> though, I got blasted about 50 meters through the air when I got
> stuck inbetween 2 road barrier things, lol.
>
> GTA3 and GTA: VC are filled with glitches to, but theres something
> which tells me that they were put there semi-purposely.
>
> Damn I hope you're being sarcastic, heh

I was implying that the Glitches in GTA are funny, and rockstar get away with it because they've done such a great job on creating the game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.