GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"True Crime:Streets Of LA"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'True Crime: Streets of LA'.
Sat 22/11/03 at 16:27
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Yup, it arrived yesterday. Its brill.

Get it, everyone :o)

Feel free to ask any questions about it!
Sun 07/12/03 at 13:03
Regular
GasMask wrote:
> Saying that though, why is it number 1 on PS2 and XBox on SR's sales?

I think we all know by now that sales don't determine a game's quality.

I've read up on True Crime and I've seen nothing but bad reviews. To top it all off there's a lot of people on this site reporting that it's rubbish and the latest gamesTM gave it 4/10.

And yes, gamesTM's word is gospel :D
Sun 07/12/03 at 02:37
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
As with all games that you may be interested in buying the best thing to do is to rent them for days first and give them a good go, if you like them then fine go buy them, if you dont like them then you saved yourself £35.

Ive said this a thousand times before but here goes again... just cos Joe Bloggs might say a particular game is crap dont mean that the game really is crap.

Its all down to the individual at the end of the day, if i trusted game reviews with every purchase i'd ever made then i probably would have missed out on well over 20 GC games that i actually enjoyed playing despite having read bad reviews for some of them.

You know it makes sense :P
Sat 06/12/03 at 17:09
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Saying that though, why is it number 1 on PS2 and XBox on SR's sales?

There are about 5 bad reviews, its a shame what a couple of bad reviews can do to a game. But hey!

Rent it and see.
Fri 05/12/03 at 22:53
Regular
Have read some bad reviews for this, so I don't think I'll bother.

Looks like another uninspired, mass-market piece of rubbish.
Thu 04/12/03 at 23:59
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Ha, I took shots at people through their cars.

Haha die
Thu 04/12/03 at 11:05
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Dammit!! It done that annoying frame thing again last night. I drove right across the city and it just stopped when I was arresting a guy.

Before that happened though I decided to stand in the road and take shots at peoples tyres for about 20 minutes.
Thu 04/12/03 at 09:00
Regular
It is a fantastic game, but it does not come up against the gta-games.
Gta is superior with its gamplay system, all the different missions, all the different cars, gangs and weapons and the length of both gta3 and gta:vc was much better than true:crime
But gta is missing some of the things that True crime has:
Slo-mo, good cut-scenes with hands that is actually moving, a huuuge city, all the training missions, the good-cop/bad-cop system and how all the criminals appear with all the different crimes.
Thu 04/12/03 at 07:20
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Nah, I need one tho. Activision have one in their guide, shows where all the impound garages are, dojo's and stuff!

Theres some place far east that has some clifts that you can drive off and get like 250m+ jumps! Not found it yet mind!

Im not going to lie, there are quite a few glitches, but 99% of them are funny, like when you see cars jump on top of eachother and stuff :oD

It wasn't funny when it locked up half way through a hard mission!
Wed 03/12/03 at 16:12
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Does anybody know where I could find a detailed map of the game?
Wed 03/12/03 at 13:57
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Time_Warp wrote:
> JC941 wrote:
> Are there any interesting vehicles?
>
>
> No motorbikes though :-(

Yeah, I realise :(
Havent seen any ice cream vans yet.

I was playing yesterday when I started to chase this guy on foot when the frame dropped to a point where he looked like one of them robot men that stand outside of shopping malls and move when you give them money.
After about 5 minutes it regained so I started chasing him again when it stopped again. I reseted it and it was sorted but that was annoying.
I havent seen any other major glitches.
I saw a car launch right across the freeway and over 5 lanes.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.