GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is THIS true?........................."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/09/01 at 20:19
Regular
.How many of you want the GameCube but can't afford it or
Parents won't allow you?

(i can't have one for both reasons can anyone think of any great problem free excuses which can persuade my parenst to buy one for me thx)

Perfect Waninoko
Wed 12/09/01 at 17:49
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Logan wrote:
> How about this...

GET A JOB...

as a paperboy maybe? Get about
> £5 a day... £10 is you do evening and morning...

GC
> costs about £200 + £50 for a game (estimates only!)...
> so that's a month of work!

erm dont paper boys and girls only get about 4p a paper?

This dosent quite work out does it

:D
Wed 12/09/01 at 17:09
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
i hope it is the same time (finger crossed)
Tue 11/09/01 at 20:56
Look, the GC with a game will be less than a PS2 or Xbox. However, over £200 is still a alot of money for younger people... esp those without jobs. But that's just the way of things, new technology will be expensive. My bet is to go for a second hand one a couple of months after they come out, and buy second hand games... who cares that they have a stightly tatered box!?
Tue 11/09/01 at 20:10
No, it comes at the same time
Tue 11/09/01 at 19:21
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
I think it comes out just after the GC.
Tue 11/09/01 at 19:20
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
anyway if i DO get a game then it would be Super smash brothers melee if it is a launch game (is it?) or super monkey ball
Sun 09/09/01 at 11:59
Regular
"DS..."
Ok, I was just making a point that's all.
slik ~_~
Sun 09/09/01 at 11:23
Regular
slik i think the system will cost about £200 as we have to pay more over here :( the games will be about £30 - £50 but i don't think the memory card and controllers will cost that much. anyway the PS2 was a skank as they sold stands for it for £10!
Sun 09/09/01 at 09:43
Regular
"DS..."
But will the Gamecube actually be worth the money you spend on it? I mean ok the system it'self is about £140, which is quite competively priced when you look at the rip off price of the ps2 and the games (supposedly) are going to cost around £35, which is okish, but what about the other expences related with buying a gamecube? i mean the memory card (the standard one) is going to cost between £20-£30, and if you wan't and SD memory card then you could be looking at around £50, i mean £50 for a memory card!
And then we have the expense of additional controllers, which will probably retail at around £30 for a standard Nintendo controller, money which could be used to buy another game, and the wavebird (wireless controller) won't be any cheaper, in fact it will probably cost around £40 and will probably stay at that price, depending on it's success, ok, that's just some of the minor, overpricing but what about the biggest expense of them all, yes that's right i'm talking about Online Gaming!
Now i know Nintendo have'nt planned many games with online capabilities yet, but when these games do hit the shelves, then we can expect to have to dig deep into our pockets just to experience the joys (or dissapointments) of online gameing, Firstly, there's the cost of having a modem installed externally to your box of tricks, which could be between as little as £50 up to say £75, depending on how Nintendo decide to market the idea, but that's only the start of the costs, you may have to get a second phoneline installed which could set you back around say £40? then theres the service charge which Nintendo may or may not decide to charge forwhich could be an extra £10-£20 a month! and then youve got to think about, will Nintendo charge you for internet access, and how much is that going to cost!
Anyway i'm not trying to discourage anyone from buying a gamecube, but it just made me think about the costs, and it's something for you all to think about if you wish, in the meantime, we have got a long wait before the arrival of the cube over here, thanks for reading.
slik ~_~
Sun 09/09/01 at 08:35
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
Oh, the lure of the GameCube - Of course I want one!

But woe, at the moment, my expenditure outweighs my profits - after buying:
A new CD player
A GBA with 2 games
A PS2 with 2 games
Paying £750 towards this computer I'm using
Another £300 towards the computer I'm getting in my room

And only earning £30 a week too.

Looks like I'm gonna have to save a bit first :)

Oh, and my Mum wont let me get one - She says 'You've already got 4 things for playing games on (N64, PS2, GBA and PC) and you dont need another one - besides, where will you put it?'

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.