GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Max Payne 2 Bug?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Max Payne 2'.
Thu 27/11/03 at 00:53
Regular
I assume people are p[aying MAx Payne 2 on the PC but I have no idea how as I appear to be stuck at the start of Part 1 Chapter 1 - Elevator doors. Thats right - right at the beginng!

This is VERY frustrating! Will someone pleas tell me - Is one of the doors supposed to open or do I have a bug whereby I cant go any further? Or is there another way?

Someone please help, I just got this today and it looks great but I just cant get started. Either a pointer to tell me how to get into the building or tell me I have a bug cos NONE of the doors open.

Thanks!
Roosta
Thu 27/11/03 at 09:25
Regular
No Problem, thanks agaiun for getting me started at least! Maybe I should give up gaming.... errr nah! :)

Roosta
Thu 27/11/03 at 09:41
Regular
I finish work at 2. If you are still haveing trouble with the game by then, I'll have a bash at it when I get home. See if I can help you any further!
Thu 27/11/03 at 11:01
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Better to be stuck on the second level than Windows. I can't even run the game for some daft reson, despite having some spanking kit to play it on and all the latest drivers.
Thu 27/11/03 at 11:03
Regular
I had that problem when I first got it. Try getting the Max Payne 2 patch and also your latest Graphics drivers. I have a GeForce 4 Ti4600 and now everything works sweetly - even with all the extras cranked up!
Thu 27/11/03 at 11:03
Regular
I know you said yopu had all the latest drivers, but try anyway. Do you have the MP2 patch?
Thu 27/11/03 at 11:04
Regular
*you
Thu 27/11/03 at 11:27
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
ßulle††™ wrote:
> I know you said yopu had all the latest drivers, but try anyway. Do
> you have the MP2 patch?

Ah, now why didn't I think of that? No I don't, any quick links to it? I can search if not.
Thu 27/11/03 at 11:28
Regular
Sorry, I just googled. Got it from an official site though.
Thu 27/11/03 at 12:02
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Will look now. Cheers.
Thu 27/11/03 at 17:31
Regular
Hope you get it working Little Hobo its well worth it. What sit doing? Any errors?

Bullet - Now ive been progressing quite well and im stuck on Part 1 Chapter 5 - How to get the hell out of the place - surely you cant jump out the window in the burning appartment do you? Ive turned the gas off but cant make a jump to the ledge - is that the way?

Roosta

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.