GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Max Payne 2 Bug?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Max Payne 2'.
Thu 27/11/03 at 00:53
Regular
I assume people are p[aying MAx Payne 2 on the PC but I have no idea how as I appear to be stuck at the start of Part 1 Chapter 1 - Elevator doors. Thats right - right at the beginng!

This is VERY frustrating! Will someone pleas tell me - Is one of the doors supposed to open or do I have a bug whereby I cant go any further? Or is there another way?

Someone please help, I just got this today and it looks great but I just cant get started. Either a pointer to tell me how to get into the building or tell me I have a bug cos NONE of the doors open.

Thanks!
Roosta
Thu 27/11/03 at 00:53
Regular
I assume people are p[aying MAx Payne 2 on the PC but I have no idea how as I appear to be stuck at the start of Part 1 Chapter 1 - Elevator doors. Thats right - right at the beginng!

This is VERY frustrating! Will someone pleas tell me - Is one of the doors supposed to open or do I have a bug whereby I cant go any further? Or is there another way?

Someone please help, I just got this today and it looks great but I just cant get started. Either a pointer to tell me how to get into the building or tell me I have a bug cos NONE of the doors open.

Thanks!
Roosta
Thu 27/11/03 at 07:07
Regular
Do you mean *right* at the start, in the hospital?

If so, a cut-scene should play and then you'll leave there automatically.

Not sure if you need to activate a button or anything though...

Try Gamefaqs.com
Thu 27/11/03 at 08:04
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
If its just after the explosion where the sway guy sets the cannister alight, just exit the lift through the hole in the side of the elevator.
Thu 27/11/03 at 08:08
Regular
Hang on, do you mean when you aoutside the warehouse? If so, this had me stumped for ages as I was waiting for a door to open!

Go to the right of the building - the fence is open and you can walk round the side of the warehouse. There is an open door round here.

That's if your there mind...
Thu 27/11/03 at 08:52
Regular
Bulett - Thanks! You were spot on there, must be we both had the same blind spot for a while!

I knew it couldnt be a bug and felt such a noob but had to ask cos it was SO annoying!

Thanks guys
Roosta
Thu 27/11/03 at 08:55
Regular
No problem!
Thu 27/11/03 at 09:14
Regular
Bullet! If your still around, ive just been into the warehouse thanks, now beleive it or not im stuck on the 1st floor - having killed the 2 cleaners where to next? im trapped it seems im the lamest gamer of all time!

Roosta
Thu 27/11/03 at 09:18
Regular
Err, you got me there! As far as I can remember, it should be pretty linear in the warehouse. Is it those two guys having a chat while there is a dead body on the floor? If so, head left just after them. Should lead to some stairs or something. *Should*.
Thu 27/11/03 at 09:21
Regular
Dont think so, just followed one cleaner, he turned round on me, killed him then another behind me, now i go thru another room and theres a corner area with tele and 2 locked doors in the whole area other than the large shutters that is. no stairs or lift.

PS I promise to try harder in the future, bear with me im old!

Roosta
Thu 27/11/03 at 09:23
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I can't help you here as I can't remember exactly where to go, but I remember this level being quite badly designed for a second level.

Remember the old maze pathfinding trick, "If in doubt, stick to the left wall." Just keep turning left, you'll find your way eventually. ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.