GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Max Payne 2 Bug?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Max Payne 2'.
Thu 27/11/03 at 00:53
Regular
I assume people are p[aying MAx Payne 2 on the PC but I have no idea how as I appear to be stuck at the start of Part 1 Chapter 1 - Elevator doors. Thats right - right at the beginng!

This is VERY frustrating! Will someone pleas tell me - Is one of the doors supposed to open or do I have a bug whereby I cant go any further? Or is there another way?

Someone please help, I just got this today and it looks great but I just cant get started. Either a pointer to tell me how to get into the building or tell me I have a bug cos NONE of the doors open.

Thanks!
Roosta
Fri 28/11/03 at 16:55
Regular
Need for spped underground looks like class, i have most of the series but not that one yet. I had a PS2 for about 15 days then took it back, just dont like it, nothing against it, just personal preference.

Anyway hope i can help you out sometime.

Roosta
Fri 28/11/03 at 08:18
Regular
On the PC? Nothing as yet. Too busy playing Manhunt and Need for Speed Underground on me PS2. Might be getting XIII today - depending on how sexy my bank account looks!
Thu 27/11/03 at 23:13
Regular
LOL Sorry guys, wrong window. :( Must get my eyes checked!

What are you playing now Bullet? Ive just picked up Call of Duty too.

Roo
Thu 27/11/03 at 23:06
Regular
NO guys, the fire was in Max's OWN appartment, i turned off the gas in the basement, now have 2 ppl following the woman said to go thru the window. the jump to the corner of the ledge seems impossible and the drop is to far.

Roosta
Thu 27/11/03 at 20:44
Regular
Not sure I remember that. Are you past the Fun house? That's where I left the game.

Should get back to it one of these days...
Thu 27/11/03 at 20:30
Regular
Cheers Bullet, ive done some ledge walking already and the large gaps aint so bad but the place im on about is in the burning room you can only just see the corner of a ledge to jump to. Hmm tricky ;)

Game on
Roosta
Thu 27/11/03 at 19:03
Regular
Unfortunately you do have to go out the window - and try to stay on the ledges. This will require you to jump large gaps. It can be very tricky at first but I'd recommend using Bullet Time. I don't know if it makes a difference, but you certainly get more time to aim your jump.

Also, watch out for bad guys in various windows and on the ground also.
Thu 27/11/03 at 17:31
Regular
Hope you get it working Little Hobo its well worth it. What sit doing? Any errors?

Bullet - Now ive been progressing quite well and im stuck on Part 1 Chapter 5 - How to get the hell out of the place - surely you cant jump out the window in the burning appartment do you? Ive turned the gas off but cant make a jump to the ledge - is that the way?

Roosta
Thu 27/11/03 at 12:02
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Will look now. Cheers.
Thu 27/11/03 at 11:28
Regular
Sorry, I just googled. Got it from an official site though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.