GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario Kart: Double Dash: Triple Rubbish"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Kart Double Dash'.
Thu 27/11/03 at 17:34
Regular
"relocated"
What a huge disapppointment. It's so ordinary, so gimmicky, so devoid of skill, so boring and so uninspired.

I'm going to write a proper review of this game but I just had to get that off my chest.

It doesn't deserve to have the word 'Nintendo' on its box. If the Gamecube *is* the beginning of the end for Nintendo hardware then crappy, substandard games like this will be just as responsible as crappy, substandard ad campaigns.
Thu 27/11/03 at 20:14
Regular
"gsybe you!"
50cc = Easy + fun
150cc = Psychotic-trance inducing.

Although not as bad as F-Zero.

*mutters and curses*
Thu 27/11/03 at 20:13
Regular
"tokyo police club"
djerrod knows - he's tried and tested that method
Thu 27/11/03 at 20:12
Regular
"bit of a brain"
And not on 50cc, where the enemies don't use weapons and you can win any race with your eyes closed and a fork up your backside.
Thu 27/11/03 at 20:11
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Blank wrote:
> I trust unknown kernel over the Ninty ninnies that inhabit this forum.
> The ones that assured me that Wind Waker and Sunshine would be the
> best games ever...

Er, play it first.
Thu 27/11/03 at 20:08
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
TGMbloke wrote:

> Why? NO GOD DAMN SNOW LEVEl.

Because it was set on a tropical island.
Thu 27/11/03 at 20:07
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
Blank = fool

Both Wind Waker and Sunshine are brilliant games. Sure, not up to the levels of there predisesors(sp.), but they're still bloody good games.
As is Mario Kart.

Rent it and you'll see.
Thu 27/11/03 at 20:06
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Sunshine is the best game ever
Thu 27/11/03 at 20:05
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I trust unknown kernel over the Ninty ninnies that inhabit this forum. The ones that assured me that Wind Waker and Sunshine would be the best games ever...
Thu 27/11/03 at 19:21
"The Will of D."
The first chance I got to play it was right after I bought it on my way back into school, I went to my friend's house during my 2 and half hour free period and played nothing BUT MK:DD with my 2 mates, I ruled on the battle mode in Block City becuase of my devastation tacics.

Also If I can't beat a certain Grand prix mode with one of my friends as my partner and another on his own then I don't think I could do it on my own. Especially the Mushroom Cup on 150CC's mode, I have no trouble beating the first 3 levels at either 1st or second, but when i come to Dry Dry Desert I always end up 4th or something due to those 3 almost hairpin turns before the quicksand vortex.
Thu 27/11/03 at 18:37
Regular
"the burning sky"
Rickoss wrote:
> I thought it was rubbish at first. But then I realised how great it
> was once I mastered the powerslide and unlocked some of the better
> tracks.

The first night i played this game i went to bed kinda disappointed... the next day, i played it some-more and started the 100cc, and i could not believe how different it is to 50cc... and then multiplayer, got a coupla mates round and enjoyed 4 hours of various courses etc... almost forgot i had to go to work... it has now earnt it's place in the top slot in my game rack....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.