GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario Kart: Double Dash: Triple Rubbish"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Kart Double Dash'.
Thu 27/11/03 at 17:34
Regular
"relocated"
What a huge disapppointment. It's so ordinary, so gimmicky, so devoid of skill, so boring and so uninspired.

I'm going to write a proper review of this game but I just had to get that off my chest.

It doesn't deserve to have the word 'Nintendo' on its box. If the Gamecube *is* the beginning of the end for Nintendo hardware then crappy, substandard games like this will be just as responsible as crappy, substandard ad campaigns.
Thu 27/11/03 at 20:36
Regular
"everyone says it"
Cyclone wrote:
> 50cc = Easy + fun
> 150cc = Psychotic-trance inducing.
>
> Although not as bad as F-Zero.
>
> *mutters and curses*

What? F Zero is awesome!
Thu 27/11/03 at 20:53
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Bad as in hard.

Both games rule!
Thu 27/11/03 at 21:43
Regular
Mario Kart is very good. But yes, rushed and uninspired.

8/10. No more.
Thu 27/11/03 at 22:08
"The Will of D."
I think that Mario kart Double Dash is WAY better than Mario kart 64, possibly because it was hard to control with the N64 stick (it's noticably stiffer than the Gamecube's) after you have played the sequel, and there was only one batle mode, the balloons one.

For one thing no character had any specific weapon as his or her own as in DD and so that made it way more dangerous in the 64 version, but these weapons are also improved (take the Blue shell for instance) and the giant bananas are really cool.

But one thing they could have improved was the fake boxes that blew up, in the 64 version the only way you could tell they were fake was that they were placed in an unusual position, and that they were on their corners unlike the weapon boxes, so the smart players could tell a weapon box shouldn't be there.
But in this version you can tell instantly that it's fake because of it's colour, and red meaning dangerous also indicates to leave it alone.
Thu 27/11/03 at 22:18
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
And the fact the question mark is upside down - the biggest giveaway ?
Thu 27/11/03 at 23:59
Regular
Mario Kart: Double Dash is the most in depth Mario Kart game to date.

It features refined Gameplay over the last game PLUS:

MORE characters and unlockables making doing the game actually worthwhile.

2 New multiplayer modes plus far more battle arenas that are shorter and more frantic.

A brand new stratagy element with switching your characters to grab certain weaponsand switch them to block in-coming red-shells etc...

In fact my top 3 Gamecube games are EXACTLY as they should be:

ZELDA (Gold case)
Mario Sunsine (blue case)
Mario Kart (Red Case)

Nintendo's big three.
Fri 28/11/03 at 09:51
Regular
Nintendo should have made more of Metroid Prime and Eternal Darkness, which in my opinion are better than Sunshine and Zelda.

My top 3 looks something like this:

1. Metroid Prime
2. Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
3. Eternal Darkness

And Viewtiful Joe close behind. Hmmm.
Fri 28/11/03 at 09:53
"Darkness, always"
unknown kernel wrote:
> It doesn't deserve to have the word 'Nintendo' on its box. If the
> Gamecube *is* the beginning of the end for Nintendo hardware then
> crappy, substandard games like this will be just as responsible as
> crappy, substandard ad campaigns.

The opinion of anyone who has the absolute gall to rate Vice City 10/10 is automatically void.
Fri 28/11/03 at 10:16
Regular
"Long time no see!"
We can all admit that Mario Kart: Double Dash!! may not be a game up to the scale of many of the latest next-gen. titles coming onto the market, but what you don't understand is, with `Mario Kart´ games, it doesn't matter.

Mario Kart is a `Nintendo´ game. It's all about having FUN! Nothing more; nothing less. That's it!

It's not supposed to be a 'chart-topper' that'll keep GTA and the rest behind for months, or even a `revolution´ in Gaming, like several of Miyamoto's games were on the N64-alone. It's just a game we all enjoy because it's FUN. And it gives us a much-needed break from all those other "serious" titles on the market.

If you don't like to have fun, you therefore won't like it.
It's nothing `special´ - just fun.

Maybe more could've been done, yes.... But would it still have been as-much... `fun´?
Fri 28/11/03 at 12:12
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> unknown kernel wrote:
> It doesn't deserve to have the word 'Nintendo' on its box. If the
> Gamecube *is* the beginning of the end for Nintendo hardware then
> crappy, substandard games like this will be just as responsible as
> crappy, substandard ad campaigns.
>
> The opinion of anyone who has the absolute gall to rate Vice City
> 10/10 is automatically void.

I thought I was the only person who didn't like/buy GTA 3 or Vice City (or the Sims but thats another story)

MKDD isn't such a step as F-Zero GX is but for people into Time Trials, the serious ones will still be playing it regularly in 2 or 3 years time, how many game normally have that sort of "playing life"

Just take a look a fzerocentral.com and see how many people submit times each week for

F-Zero on SNES, F-Zero on N64 and F-Zero MV on GBA.

Same story with versions of Mario Kart on mariokart64.com

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.