GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"views on the next GTA game."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Sun 30/11/03 at 20:25
"LOLLERSKATES!"
as rockstar confirm the new unnamed gta will be out on ps2 in late 2004.
but what will it be like???
an aporling sequel non worthy of a dumped crisp packet, or another gaming masterpiece (more likely).
please write your opinions, reviews, and what you think the game will be like.
even right your own preview if you like!!!
i think it will again be a fantastic gta.
you can even right a report on the game, of what it will have and include, whether its garbage or genuine info. use your imagination people !!!!
get replying.........
Wed 10/03/04 at 18:49
"LOLLERSKATES!"
best suggestions are more vehicles, online ability, and multiplayer game modes!
Tue 06/01/04 at 04:20
Regular
"Monochromatic"
online has be the way. could you imagine creating your own gang,planning raids on other gangs,running a protection racket,or slowly taking over a city? it has to happen!
Sun 04/01/04 at 02:40
Regular
"Woteva"
mikelar wrote:
> leflus wrote:
> Maybe an option to join different gangs would be nice?
> The different gangs you joined would give you different missions and
> your choice would affect the storyline.
>
> they did that in GTA 2.
>
> If Rockstar only add one thing to a new GTA game, it should be a
> 2-player mode. Without doubt. BUT it has to have a story, not just a
> cop out ala the co-op mode in return to wolfenstein.

How about PS2/X-Box online? It's a very realistic possibility now that the online scene is pretty well established and growing with every passing day. Problem is, the PC mods were, well, crap.
>
> Otherwise, they should allow you to recuit people to join your own
> gang to give it a sort of RPG feel. Then you should be able to make
> them follow you around, drive them off cliffs, lead them into gun
> battles which allows them to gain experience and become better
> bodyguards....etc etc.

Yeah, that'd be cool, but then missions might degenerate into nothing but one gang vs another gang Dynasty Warriors stylee.

One thing that must be included - cops on MOTORBIKES.
Fri 02/01/04 at 00:28
Regular
"Notable"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> I like FFFs suggestion of an online GTA where you could join the
> police. I would.

I remember winning my first GAD on such a topic. It was quite fortunate though, as I timed it as the Vice City hype and build up was at its most fierce.
Fri 02/01/04 at 00:09
"I love yo... lamp."
I like FFFs suggestion of an online GTA where you could join the police. I would.
Fri 02/01/04 at 00:08
Regular
"Selected"
mikelar wrote:
> BUT it has to have a story, not just a cop out ala the co-op mode in return to wolfenstein.

should have made that more clear - a story mode that includes the 2nd player so they both players can be sent to do different things on a mission. etc.
Fri 02/01/04 at 00:06
Regular
"Selected"
leflus wrote:
> Maybe an option to join different gangs would be nice?
> The different gangs you joined would give you different missions and
> your choice would affect the storyline.

they did that in GTA 2.

If Rockstar only add one thing to a new GTA game, it should be a 2-player mode. Without doubt. BUT it has to have a story, not just a cop out ala the co-op mode in return to wolfenstein.

Otherwise, they should allow you to recuit people to join your own gang to give it a sort of RPG feel. Then you should be able to make them follow you around, drive them off cliffs, lead them into gun battles which allows them to gain experience and become better bodyguards....etc etc.
Mon 08/12/03 at 18:45
"period drama"
An online GTA would rule - with every person online being someone in the city. Then you could strut around in 100-strong gangs and generally kill stuff. Or join the police and arrest those trouble-makers.

Although you could never actually do anything, as some annoying little gimp with an uzi would kill you at every opportunity.
Sun 07/12/03 at 17:11
Regular
Maybe an option to join different gangs would be nice?
The different gangs you joined would give you different missions and your choice would affect the storyline.
I think that the feature would add a huge replay value to the game.
And in the gang feature you could go online and play with other real human players in for example the mafia or with the triads.
Then you and your friends could have a real gang war with many other persons in the world.
Sat 06/12/03 at 17:13
"period drama"
How can anyone 'right' a preview when the actual location of the game hasn't been confirmed.
Hype, anyone?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.