GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Iain Lee on "Viewtiful Joe""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Viewtiful Joe'.
Tue 02/12/03 at 15:44
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Those of you who watch RI:SE on Channel 4 may of seen Iain Lee (The gangly male presenter) make some comments on some video games he was reviewing. After doing "Project Gotham racing 2" and "T.H.U.G." he came round to "Viewtiful Joe" and had this to say:

"I haven't played this one yet, but judging by the cover, it looks bad."

What an Idiot!

This is all Nintendo needs, bad publicity on one of its most under rated games on it's 'Cube.

You Views.
Tue 02/12/03 at 17:02
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
Thumb Bandits was good but it was on too late.

I was warching a 10 year old episode of Gamesmaster yesterday (on Challenge TV)and was remembering how good it was.(Not ten years ago though, it sucked back then but not as much as Gamezville does)
Channel 4 should re-commision it or make a new games programme.

Gamepad's pretty good but the presenter's annoying!

A good games programme would get a lot of viewers, seeing as how the VG industry is one of the biggest at the moment
Tue 02/12/03 at 20:36
Regular
tphi wrote:
> Thumb Bandits - the only half-decent games
> show.

Gah? Bits? Bits owned thumb bandits.

Neither were very good, but bits was sooo much better.
IMO, of course :^)
Tue 02/12/03 at 21:21
Regular
Gamezville gave Viewtiful Joe a whoping 5 G'z, well deserved i think i can only ever see the 2nd half of Gamesville though, because of getting home from school.
Wed 03/12/03 at 09:57
Regular
"Omnipresent"
Darwock wrote:
> It does show how little he knows when he's supposed to be
> 'hardcore' though.

He is hardcore - for a mainstream audience, anyway. He's hardcore cool. Actually, he's a tall midget. No, just a second, he's a w*an...
Wed 03/12/03 at 10:38
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Anybody see Rise this morning? It's really sinking to new depths with every day that passes... I think they only have 12 days to go and they don't think anybody is watching anyway, so it's like total chaos on camera. I don't think the producers/directors really give a toss what they say or do anymore.

They spent a good minute or so just randomly shouting the music from Empire Strikes Back, for no particular reason.

It's not going to do their careers much good though.
Wed 03/12/03 at 10:49
"Darkness, always"
That would have been class to watch.
Wed 03/12/03 at 10:50
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Thumb Bandits took over from 'Bits' right?
Thumb Bandits, I found was quite un-biased, funny but on the verge of cheesy and focused more on pointless news for example, they had an article on a guy who owns this pub and he installed a few retro arcade machines in there. Whoopeedo! I can sleep now I know that.

And the latest program ive watched..Cybernet..
Its mainly for reviews and a few cheats with the odd article, presented by some American guy but the good thing is you dont see him so you actually get to watch more of the game being reviewed. A little cheesy (listen out for his crappy line at the end of each review) but good, informative and un-biased, even if the games they review have been out for a month or so.
Its on late and if im still up about 3.00 I may decide to watch but not worth staying up for.

Gamepad I have seen once or twice and looks good.

Gamezville... I cant stand it!
Boring, dull men rambling on and on which is what im kinda doing so bye.
Wed 03/12/03 at 10:58
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Cybernet was great about 5 years ago when it was narrated by that women with the lovely voice, her name was Lucy Lastic or something like that.
Wed 03/12/03 at 11:43
LOL, Lucy Lastic. Where did you come up with that?
Wed 03/12/03 at 11:46
Regular
"8==="
Nobody watches RI:SE anyway.

And those that do don't hold RI:SE's opinions in high regard.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.