GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Iain Lee on "Viewtiful Joe""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Viewtiful Joe'.
Tue 02/12/03 at 15:44
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Those of you who watch RI:SE on Channel 4 may of seen Iain Lee (The gangly male presenter) make some comments on some video games he was reviewing. After doing "Project Gotham racing 2" and "T.H.U.G." he came round to "Viewtiful Joe" and had this to say:

"I haven't played this one yet, but judging by the cover, it looks bad."

What an Idiot!

This is all Nintendo needs, bad publicity on one of its most under rated games on it's 'Cube.

You Views.
Sun 07/12/03 at 19:04
"period drama"
All game shows are tosh. Well, with Gamesmaster being the only exception.

They make games like what non-gamers think they are - cheap and tacky and pretty useless and rubbish and pointless. Which they're not, anyone'll tell you that.

Like that games award show they had on last year some time. I thought "good, games getting recognition".

Then "Lara Croft" came on from the roof and I actually shrivelled up and died the sake of gamekind.
Sun 07/12/03 at 18:58
Regular
If you go to school though, those are the only 'decent' programs on in the morning (GMTV and RI:SE).

Although, The Hoobs are on when I get up *sigh*
Sun 07/12/03 at 13:19
Regular
I've always thought the name Viewtiful Joe was used due to a typo. Look how close V and B are on a keyboard. They may have just edited the word slightly to look better. Works, too.
Sun 07/12/03 at 13:08
Regular
"you've got a beard"
DeadMetal wrote:
> Those of you who watch RI:SE on Channel 4 may of seen Iain Lee (The
> gangly male presenter) make some comments on some video games he was
> reviewing. After doing "Project Gotham racing 2" and
> "T.H.U.G." he came round to "Viewtiful Joe" and
> had this to say:
>
> "I haven't played this one yet, but judging by the cover, it
> looks bad."

yeah.. AND they spelled "beautiful" wrong..
BAD capcom *slap*

what a moron. "judging by the cover"?!?!?!??!?
i can't believe anyone would say that when they're about to be out of work and will need future employment. that just suggests he's a lazy and unreliable worker...
Fri 05/12/03 at 02:05
Regular
"everyone says it"
Dont worry. Three people watch RI:SE

He is a loud mouthed idiot.
Wed 03/12/03 at 18:36
Regular
I'd rather kill myself than watch GMTV.
Wed 03/12/03 at 18:33
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
GMTV vs RI:SE :O

May the battle begin =)
Wed 03/12/03 at 18:02
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
Alex from Bits was on Gamepad last night, she was talking about Centipede.
The last RISE show should be funny but only if they have the pile-on they say they're gonna have-Ian Lee might get hurt! hopefully.
Wed 03/12/03 at 16:53
Regular
"bit of a brain"
My friend was on gamezville. He said that the Guru is just a regular guy with a penchant for being weird. And that the presenters are eally professional. And that they spend most of their time playing old games like Fifa 2003, instead of the new ones.

It's still very hard to watch though becausr they're always shouting at you.
Wed 03/12/03 at 15:22
Regular
JC941 wrote:
> A
> little cheesy (listen out for his crappy line at the end of each
> review) but good, informative and un-biased, even if the games they
> review have been out for a month or so.

I don't know. Often when they review a game I've played, some of their comments seem a little unjustified or inaccurate - even allowing for a big difference of opinion. (Or maybe I'm just a fanboy!)

Plus, I remember them reviewing Star Wars - Bounty Hunter (or something), they gave it an average review and took it apart over some big flaws.
A few weeks later they made it 'game of the week', mentioning aspects which a few weeks ago were serious problems, but now were suposedly some of the game's strenghts (controls for one).

I figure they either don't really care about their reviews or are on the take from, or brown-nosing to, some publishers.

Bits was great though, like vids would have been if they were slightly less vulgar and reviewed things people actually wanted to buy.
And even when there were lame articles, there was always the question of whether Aleks was hot or rough :^D
By the time Thumb bandits was on, it had moved on to whther Iain Lee was a skinny bi+ch or a lanky cork ¦^)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.