GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Counter-Strike"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Counter Strike'.
Thu 04/12/03 at 18:56
Regular
"Touched!"
So has anyone got the game yet? I went to my town tonight (late night shopping) and asked the guy in HMV if they would sell me it early as gamestation were and he went and grabbed me a copy, it wasn't on the shelves though LOL, anyway will post impressions soon!
Sun 07/12/03 at 16:17
Regular
I would have used your review to decide my purchase of the game, but then again you didnt even play it multi (dont have live?) so your review is as good as void (to me) as I think a lot of people are getting the game for it's online feature. Until someone plays it online and says it's crap like the single player feature, we're still planning to get the game.

One question, are CS and RS3 1 player only online? I cant find a straight answer anywhere. Now a game like TS2 that would be great online :)
Sun 07/12/03 at 17:52
Regular
Possum_Number2 wrote:
> I'm not even gonna attempt to play it on multi cos it . . . it's just
> terrible.

You're joking right?

That's the whole damn point of Counter Strike. It was never even designed with a single player in mind. The reason it works is because you're fighting real people online. The terrorists have minds - they can think, they're human. It opens up an infinite realm of depth and possibilities.

As far as I know, the single player was just tacked on to satisfy console owners wanting a 'proper' game. Gimmicky and rubbish, most probably, but the multiplayer is so incredibly sublime that it really doesn't matter. If you take that game back, you really are missing out.
Sun 07/12/03 at 17:56
Regular
kittworld wrote:
> One question, are CS and RS3 1 player only online? I cant find a
> straight answer anywhere.

You mean can you have split-screen multiplayer gaming online? In that case, no, and I don't think any game offers that. Except for possibly the Warp Pipe project for GameCube.
Sun 07/12/03 at 17:57
Regular
mav-er-reeeek
Sun 07/12/03 at 18:12
Regular
Yes, what is it?
Sun 07/12/03 at 18:16
"I love yo... lamp."
PGR 2 does split screen Live. You can have a guest on it you see. In fact you can have more than one I think.
Sun 07/12/03 at 18:17
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Crimson Skies too
Sun 07/12/03 at 18:31
Regular
Well I'll be.
Sun 07/12/03 at 18:52
Regular
only two games can have more than one player (sharing a screen)? That's bad :( especially if you have brothers and friends who want to join in on the online gaming.
Sun 07/12/03 at 19:03
"I love yo... lamp."
There may be more, I just don't have any other live games at the moment.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.