GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Counter-Strike"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Counter Strike'.
Thu 04/12/03 at 18:56
Regular
"Touched!"
So has anyone got the game yet? I went to my town tonight (late night shopping) and asked the guy in HMV if they would sell me it early as gamestation were and he went and grabbed me a copy, it wasn't on the shelves though LOL, anyway will post impressions soon!
Sat 06/12/03 at 11:07
Regular
The graphics are pretty pants, but the game play and level design make up for that.

Bottom line is, if you're a graphics tart then don't get it. But if you're looking for a fun alternative to Rainbow Six 3, then you shouldn't be dissapointed. Some of the levels really are superb, particuarly the bank robbery and stadium levels...though I certainly haven't seen them all yet.
Sat 06/12/03 at 11:11
Regular
Are there any of the original CS levels in?
Sun 07/12/03 at 13:07
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
3 simple words: TAKING IT BACK.

DO NOT GET THIS GAME. The graphics are terrible for an X-box game, the sounds is awful, the controls are quite good and so is the general movement and animations.

That is jus**t my point of view from the single player, there is a chance it may be better on multi but you may as well buy or download it for the PC for MUCH better graphics, gameplay and everything else.

Trus**t me, if you're buying it thinking the single player is going to be good, you're in for a surprise.

At firs**t i was living in denial thinking it was going to get better but then it hit me and I really did say out loud '' My god this game is sh*t''.

Sorry to dissappoint anyone but these are jus**t my views.
Sun 07/12/03 at 13:10
Regular
Anyone who buys Counterstrike for the single player is either clinically braindead, or just completly insane.
Sun 07/12/03 at 13:26
Regular
I'm not even gonna attempt to play it on multi cos it . . . it's just terrible.
Sun 07/12/03 at 13:29
Regular
"Remember me?"
Counter-Strike on multiplayer will rule, but I'm not expecting the single player to be much cop because, like Unreal Tournament and Quake III, it's MAIN FOCUS is on the multiplayer.
Sun 07/12/03 at 13:43
Regular
Possum_Number2 wrote:
> I'm not even gonna attempt to play it on multi cos it . . . it's just
> terrible.

isn't that the whole point of counter strike on the xbox.....multiplayer on live? so basically your saying its crap without even trying to play its best bit?

Cant wait til I get this game, whoo!

that is all....
Sun 07/12/03 at 13:55
Regular
"Touched!"
CS is quality on Live, SP is obviously going to be non existant or poo, because the whole focus of the game is on MP, anyone who bought it for the SP certainly must be brain-dead!
Sun 07/12/03 at 15:52
Regular
I don't want to try it, it'll just be a waste of time and money in my opinion, sure I haven't tried it but it's just the general feel of the game i dont like.

It's probably due to the fact that the pc version is like 10x better.
Sun 07/12/03 at 15:53
Regular
I would have played it on muti. But I played it on single first and realised i didn't like it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.