GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's happened to The No:"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/08/01 at 03:08
Regular
Ladies, gentlemen, mammals, insects and fish, I have some sad news to deliver. One of our most respected members has left our midst.

Joby has left the building.

Joby, or er-no to those that don’t know him, felt he wanted to leave the forums because of comments from certain people he thought were his friends. Some people will know what these are, but I’m certainly not going to tell you. It’s not my place to drag up old issues, but those who said it know who they are. What’s said was said.

Now, admittedly I don’t know much about er-no, because I’ve only really been here 3 months. What I can say about him though is this: er-no is a really great guy, smart, funny and always there to lend a helping ear. He hasn’t been posting much lately, despite being voted 6th Notable, but when he does it’s always funny and worth reading. Even in the old days, when he was an annoying little get, everyone still loved him for what he was. He was The No.. er-no has become a bit of a friend to all of us, and is not scared to share some personal information, as anyone who has read his “My Way Out” post will know. He is a true regular, very much a part of SR. We’ll all be very sad to see him go. Many will try to persuade him to stay, but he seems committed.

Anyway, the er-no you know is no more. He has stopped posting on SR, despite what anyone says. I have been talking to him on MSN over the past week, and this is his final decision.

Goodbye er-no, we will all miss you. Come back soon.

TO EVERYONE ON THE FORUMS:

Please leave goodbyes for er-no, as he would like to read what you have to say. These can be personal, serious, funny or pleading, but er-no really is leaving so please, have some respect.

TO TONY: er-no has requested that you please don't remove his status as Notable. He says he will return one day, but only after a period away from SR.

LIGHTER NOTE: And when he returns, THE FORUM WILL KNOW ABOUT IT!
Thu 30/08/01 at 13:48
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Are you really going...?

I don't think you should... we need someone to make us laugh, other than Grix, FM, Meka, PB, Ant, Goaty and Wookiee... and Sheepy, YH, TW, RBS and Sniper

Also, we need someone to give us the scoop on the Gamecube when it comes... the games, the pad, the ideas.

But most of all we need you... you're like the left-center piece of the SR jig-saw... it'll be crap without you... and there's no way you've recieved enough abuse for being a Notable... ^_^

I don't suppose my efforts to get you to stay will be any more effective than Meka's or Grix's, but please, stick around.

Game
Thu 30/08/01 at 12:42
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
oops , i meant to say , shouldn't blow up at them.
Thu 30/08/01 at 12:41
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
i dunno why he's leaving , down the page i wrote him a song , he blew up about that , it was a nice song , about how we dont want him to leave , then he posted after he read it , told me to go back to my playroom and listen to westlife. i dont think he appreciates people making a big deal about him going , all i know is that when people are trying to lighten the mood you should blow up at them. anyway i aint got a clue why he is leaving turbonutter seemed to know , but he said in the post he wasn't gonna tell.
Thu 30/08/01 at 12:04
"High polygon count"
In all seriousness, I would like to know: who, why and how.
Thu 30/08/01 at 09:37
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
It's a great shame that he feels pushed out of here, I hope you come back soon er-no.
Thu 30/08/01 at 09:33
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Come back soon, mate.
Thu 30/08/01 at 00:35
For Christ's sake people! This guy is one of the most loved and respected guys on these forums, and when he's feeling really low and wants to leave he ges about 10 sensible replies out of 75. Grow up!

er-no, you kno that everyone on these forums wants you to stay and the spam in here is just the chatty, ligthearted nature of the forums which you are a big part of. It is inevitable that as the forums grow there is going to be more spam, but it isnt really worth giving up on the best games discussion forumson earth! (crowd goes wild)

We all want you to stay and in your heart of hearts yu want to stay too, so stay! Who cares what others say?!? Screw them! And if this is your attitude everyone on the foums will stick up for you.

Think about it. Please.
Thu 30/08/01 at 00:17
Regular
"not dead"
Damnit er-no, don't go until I've dismissed you properly.

No seriously, stick around, and if someone has upset you, or offended you, don't let them drive you away.

But if you feel you need time away that fine, just remember we'll be here if and when you need us. :-)
Thu 30/08/01 at 00:07
How long is this period going to be? 3 days? Or 3 years? Aw, that's one less Ninty on the forums though...
Wed 29/08/01 at 23:57
"High polygon count"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Lemmings don't commit suicide, it's just they're too
> stupid to realise you can't get to the sea by jumping off a cliff.

You can if the tide is in.

If it's out, you need a bit of a run-up.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.