GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How fantastic is XIII?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Xiii'.
Thu 11/12/03 at 14:26
Regular
I'm not supposed to be playing games right now to be honest. I'm pretty bust with my Uni-work, 1080 is great, True Crime is very enjoyable but really I can't play the game without feeling guilty. The comes along XIII,

You know that feeling Goldeneye had, that feeling you can't put your thumb on but made the game the legend it is. Yes Halo and Perfect Dark are technically better than it in EVERY WAY but Goldeneye had a special feeling that just made it surpass anything that has come to rival it. Well XIII has that same feeling.

The problem is the game's loading times are 30 seconds long and there are a lot of them. But with nice graphics, clever extras, a good feel to the weapons, a splash of comedy, a fantastic storyline, David Duchovny voicing the lead character and some nice flash backs.

You can't imagine how satisfying smash a chair over someone's head is or plating a pane of glass between the eyes.

FANTASTIC!
Thu 11/12/03 at 20:50
Regular
"8==="
I haven't actually played the single player game. But the Xbox multiplayer on live is excellent.
Thu 11/12/03 at 20:39
Regular
Am I correct in that I recognise Adam West as a cast member?
Thu 11/12/03 at 17:21
Regular
Bought it on Sunday and I've played it once. I enjoyed the session though, being several hours long. Cant wait until I get a chance to play it more :)

Shame I've got so many games recently but barely played them, still got Zelda, Metroid, Viewtiful Joe, Burnout 2 and this to complete :x Cant complain I suppose :)
Thu 11/12/03 at 14:40
Regular
"the burning sky"
Rickoss wrote:
> 1-player is brilliant, so very addictive and plays like no other game.
> I especially love taking someone out from long-distance with an
> arrow.

I want it for Xmas and a particular games retailer is selling it for £20 (simple!) but only on Xbox and PS2... well the site is under construction, so they might do it for cube but i dont know, i'll wait till the weekend...
Thu 11/12/03 at 14:30
Regular
1-player is brilliant, so very addictive and plays like no other game. I especially love taking someone out from long-distance with an arrow.
Thu 11/12/03 at 14:26
Regular
I'm not supposed to be playing games right now to be honest. I'm pretty bust with my Uni-work, 1080 is great, True Crime is very enjoyable but really I can't play the game without feeling guilty. The comes along XIII,

You know that feeling Goldeneye had, that feeling you can't put your thumb on but made the game the legend it is. Yes Halo and Perfect Dark are technically better than it in EVERY WAY but Goldeneye had a special feeling that just made it surpass anything that has come to rival it. Well XIII has that same feeling.

The problem is the game's loading times are 30 seconds long and there are a lot of them. But with nice graphics, clever extras, a good feel to the weapons, a splash of comedy, a fantastic storyline, David Duchovny voicing the lead character and some nice flash backs.

You can't imagine how satisfying smash a chair over someone's head is or plating a pane of glass between the eyes.

FANTASTIC!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.