GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How fantastic is XIII?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Xiii'.
Thu 11/12/03 at 14:26
Regular
I'm not supposed to be playing games right now to be honest. I'm pretty bust with my Uni-work, 1080 is great, True Crime is very enjoyable but really I can't play the game without feeling guilty. The comes along XIII,

You know that feeling Goldeneye had, that feeling you can't put your thumb on but made the game the legend it is. Yes Halo and Perfect Dark are technically better than it in EVERY WAY but Goldeneye had a special feeling that just made it surpass anything that has come to rival it. Well XIII has that same feeling.

The problem is the game's loading times are 30 seconds long and there are a lot of them. But with nice graphics, clever extras, a good feel to the weapons, a splash of comedy, a fantastic storyline, David Duchovny voicing the lead character and some nice flash backs.

You can't imagine how satisfying smash a chair over someone's head is or plating a pane of glass between the eyes.

FANTASTIC!
Fri 12/12/03 at 01:07
Regular
"everyone says it"
Erm, I thought XIII was very average. They couldn't concentrated more on the level designs and AI placement.
Thu 11/12/03 at 21:36
Regular
"8==="
Personally I'd rather take a look at reviews from both Gamespot and IGN.
Thu 11/12/03 at 21:23
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I flicked through 1 issue of Gtm - It's like EDGe for people who like high scores
Thu 11/12/03 at 21:18
Regular
"8==="
Maverick42 wrote:
> I've heard the Live play is awful.
>
> From everyone except you.

I've heard Games TM are not be trusted.

From everyone except you.
Thu 11/12/03 at 21:13
Regular
"8==="
Was I replying to Rickoss? No.

Is Mav a fool? Yes.

Why would I be saying someone who hasn't actually PLAYED XIII on Live cannot fathom it's multiplayer depths?

It was a general statement, I thought I'd set out my opinion.
Thu 11/12/03 at 21:08
Regular
You can't dismiss Rickoss' opinion on the grounds that he can't 'fathom it's depths' just because he has better taste in games than you.
Thu 11/12/03 at 21:05
Regular
"8==="
and I was talking about the Live multiplayer.
Thu 11/12/03 at 21:05
Regular
"8==="
Team deathmatch is probably the best for satisfaction, although death match is really good fun too.

If you want to get to the top of the scoreboard immediately then you're going to be dissapointed.

The multiplayer's excellent, especially now people've had a bit of time to get settled in.

If you can't fathom it's depths then quite frankly: poor you.
Thu 11/12/03 at 20:58
Regular
Console multiplayer is pretty damn dire, haven't played LIVE, but it's probably a lot better. Probably XIII's only problem, seeing as 1-Player is surprisingly brilliant. Stupidly, in fact.
Thu 11/12/03 at 20:55
Regular
I've heard the Live play is awful.

From everyone except you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.