GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Naughty Nintendo!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/08/01 at 12:48
Regular
Reports from various media companies and websites are indicating that Nintendo has sent out a memo to its development companies requesting that due to the heat of the upcoming console war increasing, that they are to concentrate on producing quick and easy games in abundance to make sure that there are enough titles at launch to attract the casual gamer, and to concentrate specifically on bright colours, cartoony graphics, anything that's quick and easy to get onto a disc and into the shops.

Developers were quoted as saying: "Nothing new there then..."

Source: Sonyjo.
Fri 31/08/01 at 09:11
Regular
Nintendo aren't putting quantity over quality.

They're keeping the quality (the games we buy), and allowing some quantity too (3rd party games for impresive line up and casual gamers.)

I think they have it right.
Fri 31/08/01 at 01:38
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Yeah, and they're all the better for it.
Thu 30/08/01 at 21:56
In all of nintendo's desperation to succeed in the upcoming console wars, they are finally sacrificing their lifelong policy: now, they are placing quantity over quality.
Thu 30/08/01 at 21:38
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:

Tsk tsk, how little do you know. I actually spend a
> suprising amount of time on IGN (although I hate them) reading about
> upcoming GC releases, and I tell you, nothing has made me go
> "wow" in the same was as a lot of things on the PS2
> did!

Nintendo games don't go by their looks.
It's only when you really imagine how they play.
Pikmin, Luigi's Mansion, Monkey Ball and Zelda all look pretty dodgy until you see them running.

Only then can you getan idea on how well they play.

It's your choice if you want to ignore them. These Sony
> titles are special and unique. Nintendo have and probably are trying
> to clone them as we speak.

Nah. Nintendo will probably prefer cloning the N64 games those PS2 titles cloned.
They know better than to copy an inferior version. ;-D
Thu 30/08/01 at 21:26
Regular
nintendo have publicly said that they are not trying to compete with sony. They make thier games different and unique.

Cant u tell that by just looking at the shape and color of the GC? ;-)
Thu 30/08/01 at 21:22
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Strafex wrote:
> They are special but you wouldn't
> know that because you took one look at the pictures and dissmissed
> them.

Tsk tsk, how little do you know. I actually spend a suprising amount of time on IGN (although I hate them) reading about upcoming GC releases, and I tell you, nothing has made me go "wow" in the same was as a lot of things on the PS2 did!

It's your choice if you want to ignore them. These Sony titles are special and unique. Nintendo have and probably are trying to clone them as we speak.
Thu 30/08/01 at 21:14
Regular
Fantavision was an interesting idea (a puzzle game about fireworks) but they didn't exactly make an exciting game out of it.

They took the basic idea and stuck with it which isn't bad but doesn't make it special.
Nintendo explore and expand an idea until they have the complete best out of it and a killer game title from it.

Sega also have this talent. Have you heard what they've done with Monkey Ball? (See Game's topic named: Meka Dragon).

No prizes for guessing why Sony aren't getting this game.
Thu 30/08/01 at 19:48
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
I think thats a rumour. started by a *sega* person.
Thu 30/08/01 at 15:47
Regular
Lol Resi if you say so!
Thu 30/08/01 at 15:41
Regular
"Back For Good"
sony do come up with some brilliant ideas, i've just bought fantavision and that's pure inovation. Sony do however take up some ideas from other companies but make them Sooooo much better.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.