GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XIII Problems (well, only one!)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Xiii'.
Thu 11/12/03 at 17:03
Regular
I cannot play this anymore. The splash screen asks me to insert a XIII Disc - I tried all 4 - no luck. I even put one disc in each drive (I only have two drives) but still got nowhere.

So I decided to uninstall and start afresh. Now I can't Install the damn thing!

I get to disc 2 and the installation fails due to 'cyclic redundancy check' or something like that. I have come across that in the past and I can't remember if I managed to find a solution.

Is the disc knackered? Is it one or (gulp) both of my drives? Or is it that stupid protection device I've heard of, where it won't work if you have more than one optical drive in your machine?

Please help! If it's the disc(s), I'll have to go return it quick.

Ta.
Fri 12/12/03 at 07:06
Erm... you will upgrade the graphics, won't you?
Fri 12/12/03 at 07:17
Regular
Of course! I got my GeForce4 to put in there.

It's great. I can't wait. It has everything I need and it's so small. I don't give a toss about 'big rigs' with clear panels, neons, glow-in-the-dark mobos etc.

Plus, it'll go nicely with the Flat panel monitor I just had to fork out for!
Fri 12/12/03 at 07:20
Yup, I know exactly how you feel. As long as it's small and powerful, it will stand proud. Though it might be a bit louder than you would expect, epecially when playing games.
Fri 12/12/03 at 07:27
Regular
Loud?

They're supposed to be really quiet aren't they?

Oh well, surely it can't as loud as the big mess sitting at home (it vibrates FFS!).
Fri 12/12/03 at 07:34
Na, probably not, I did have it right next to me when playing, so if it's under the desk or on the ohter side of the room it should be dead quiet (ish).
Fri 12/12/03 at 07:34
*other
Fri 12/12/03 at 07:36
Regular
So what model you got then?
Fri 12/12/03 at 07:38
SN41G2, it was an Athlon. I've sold it now though, after damaging the mobo.
Fri 12/12/03 at 07:48
Regular
Think I looked at that model. Decided I'd stick with P4 for now though. Might go for an Athlon 64 (or whatever is out) next time I upgrade.
Fri 12/12/03 at 10:17
The Athlon 64 specs were impressive, rivalling and beating 3.2 Ghz P4s with a 2.2Ghz chip. But uitl more 64 bit apps are released, then I'm happy. Which is just as well, as I'll be broke for the next five or so years (possibly forever actually, damn rise in fees).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.