GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Death to Game Central"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/12/03 at 21:30
Regular
"Evil Always Wins!"
There was once a thing called Digitiser, daily computer game pages on ceefax on channel 4. Like everything in the world, they died, and were replaced by Game Central. Oh, and by the way, Game Central is awful.

Max Payne 2, 5/10. Enough said. And why did they give it 5/10? Because it is a lot like the first, that was their reason. So what if it's like the first, the first was amazing, and you can't fix what aint broke. I just hate these people, like those at Game Central, who try to sound like intelligent critics by criticising games that everyone likes. Right, see ya later.
Thu 18/12/03 at 17:24
UrkiE-UK wrote:
For example, in the Dead man Walking mode, the
> result of an ammo stack near an exploding fuel canister is pleasing,
> with fire-work type effects that make me smile like hell when i see
> the odd body up there too!

You should play the Armed and Dangerous demo, the snow level has multiple explosions, stylishly pulled off. It also has a mideget with a Scottish accent in it.
Thu 18/12/03 at 17:19
Regular
"A man with a stick"
SnipeŽ wrote:
> It's not exactly grounbreaking and long is it...

It doesn't have to be. I found it entertaining from start to finish even after the second time I'd completed it.
Thu 18/12/03 at 16:53
Regular
It's not exactly grounbreaking and long is it...
Thu 18/12/03 at 16:49
Regular
Even from the demo, i give Max Payne a firm 10/10, because not only are the graphics, physics, sound and engine so efficient, that i can run it on full detail with a 9600pro, but the whole gameplay element reminds me much of a film - i din't know which type, but just a film. It's just excellent - I've found no faults whatsoever, but ive found plenty of treats. For example, in the Dead man Walking mode, the result of an ammo stack near an exploding fuel canister is pleasing, with fire-work type effects that make me smile like hell when i see the odd body up there too!
Tue 16/12/03 at 18:44
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
There was also a crappy program on ITV1 recently that wasn't dissimilar to that. Luckily it got cancelled. It also had badly animated 'virtual commentators' for multiplayer clips, who were not at all funny. Plus, it was presented by a MORON.
Tue 16/12/03 at 18:44
Regular
LOL! All the presenters ever ask is "So how are the graphics on this one?" "And what about the er...graphics?" *sheesh*
Tue 16/12/03 at 17:08
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Gamesville is enough to drive me to committing mass acts of violence, preferably towards those two 'thick as a plank' presenters.

One thing that really got me though, was that games guru gave out a cheat for Battlefield 1942 to get the submarines, but failed to mention that using cheats online will get you kicked or banned. And the reviews! some of the kids they ask to review actually do know what they are talking about, then the idiot presenter come in to give their verdict by ignoring the opinions they've just heard. "well, yeah I agwee, it's got weally good graphiks and stuff, er 5g's" utter waste of time.
Tue 16/12/03 at 17:04
Regular
Well what about Gamezville on Sky One? That show is utter crap, the two presenters don't know anything about games and they ask people to give a game a rating out of 5 when they've only been playing it for about 15 minutes!
Tue 16/12/03 at 16:38
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Digitiser was far better- they had cheats, proper jokes, and actually had a sense of humour. Unlike Game Central, which is far too watered down. To be honest, I'm still unhappy about it, although news is provided, although unfunnily.
Tue 16/12/03 at 12:00
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Max Payne 2 looks to me like a 2/10 game.
>
> OOOH!!! BULLET_TIME!!!!!!
>
> errr, yes... GUNS!!!!

Nah, 9/10 defiantly. It's still the only game that comes close to matching the insane, over the top but stylish action scenes from John Woo's movies, all it really lacks are a bunch of dirt bikes that explode in mid air when you shoot them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.