GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Death to Game Central"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/12/03 at 21:30
Regular
"Evil Always Wins!"
There was once a thing called Digitiser, daily computer game pages on ceefax on channel 4. Like everything in the world, they died, and were replaced by Game Central. Oh, and by the way, Game Central is awful.

Max Payne 2, 5/10. Enough said. And why did they give it 5/10? Because it is a lot like the first, that was their reason. So what if it's like the first, the first was amazing, and you can't fix what aint broke. I just hate these people, like those at Game Central, who try to sound like intelligent critics by criticising games that everyone likes. Right, see ya later.
Sun 14/12/03 at 21:30
Regular
"Evil Always Wins!"
There was once a thing called Digitiser, daily computer game pages on ceefax on channel 4. Like everything in the world, they died, and were replaced by Game Central. Oh, and by the way, Game Central is awful.

Max Payne 2, 5/10. Enough said. And why did they give it 5/10? Because it is a lot like the first, that was their reason. So what if it's like the first, the first was amazing, and you can't fix what aint broke. I just hate these people, like those at Game Central, who try to sound like intelligent critics by criticising games that everyone likes. Right, see ya later.
Sun 14/12/03 at 21:35
See ya. I've stopped reading Game Central since leaving my TV behind months ago.
Sun 14/12/03 at 21:37
Regular
"Evil Always Wins!"
I feel for you, but you aren't missing much anyway. DEATH TO GAME CENTRAL!
Sun 14/12/03 at 21:38
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Game Central actually has an opinion, which is nice.

It's better than many 'critics'.
Mon 15/12/03 at 15:57
Regular
"Evil Always Wins!"
Except you can tell a few companies have been paying them off a bit.
Mon 15/12/03 at 16:08
"Darkness, always"
Max Payne 2 looks to me like a 2/10 game.

OOOH!!! BULLET_TIME!!!!!!

errr, yes... GUNS!!!!
Tue 16/12/03 at 02:36
"High polygon count"
I completed the first Max Payne in two nights, and wasn't overly impressed. Shan't be bothering with the second game.

After three Matrix movies and a stack of games using it, Bullet Time is old hat now.
Tue 16/12/03 at 12:00
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Max Payne 2 looks to me like a 2/10 game.
>
> OOOH!!! BULLET_TIME!!!!!!
>
> errr, yes... GUNS!!!!

Nah, 9/10 defiantly. It's still the only game that comes close to matching the insane, over the top but stylish action scenes from John Woo's movies, all it really lacks are a bunch of dirt bikes that explode in mid air when you shoot them.
Tue 16/12/03 at 16:38
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Digitiser was far better- they had cheats, proper jokes, and actually had a sense of humour. Unlike Game Central, which is far too watered down. To be honest, I'm still unhappy about it, although news is provided, although unfunnily.
Tue 16/12/03 at 17:04
Regular
Well what about Gamezville on Sky One? That show is utter crap, the two presenters don't know anything about games and they ask people to give a game a rating out of 5 when they've only been playing it for about 15 minutes!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.