GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Aaliyah died"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/08/01 at 18:46
Regular
tallented young singer/Actress (Romeo must die) and (Try again) has died in a plane crash after making the latest single video. She was really good with Jet Li in romeo must die and it is sad to hear of her death as she was only 22
Fri 31/08/01 at 13:28
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The thing I found scary about that whole Princess Di situation was that if you weren't weeping in the streets, then you were at risk be being lynched.

I remember at an old job, everyone was shocked etc, I was chatting to a mate and said "Hear about Di? Yeah, me too. Couldn't care less" and got a severe verbal beating for it.

I was embarassed to be British in those days that followed, the entire world watching us and what did we do?
Cried in the street, screamed at tabloids for "killing her" and embraced Elton John and bought that awful, awful song.
"You lived you life like a candle in the wind.."

No, you lived your life like a member of the Royal Family.

Can anyone here tell me when Mother Theresa died? Anyone?
Thought not.
And let's be honest, who did more for the needy and ignored?
A woman that lent her name to charities and then flew off for a holiday on a private boat

OR

A woman that renounced her money and posessions and spent her life living in the slums, taking in and helping anyone that needed it. A woman that selflessly served the poor and desolate with no thought of publicity and reward?

I'm not saying "Diana died! HAHAHAHA"
I'm saying, that situation was out of context.
A state of hysteria swept this country, whilst I stood there and said "Hang on, what about Mother Theresa?" and got shouted at for not being sad enough.

Two young boys lost a mother and her family lost a relatice.
We lost an over-privileged member of the Royal Family that you never, ever met.

Get a grip was my message then, and it stands now.

Aaliyah was a shame, nobody should die like that.
But there were other people on that plane.
A plane crashed onto the road in Malta.
The M11 had a 6 car pile-up with 4 people dead last week.

Where's their eulogy?
Fri 31/08/01 at 13:19
Though you did have people fawning over Di when she was alive, it went more than a bit stupid when she died. 'A nation in mourning' was one phrase I found irritating. I was shocked by her death. I didn't like her, and despite any good work she may have done (landmines etc.), I still thought of her as an over spoilt media manipulating little madam. Even so, she didn't deserve to die. But to me people breaking down in tears over someone they've only seen filtered through the national media is a strange phenomenon. Would they show that much grief at a funeral of a relative?
Fri 31/08/01 at 12:28
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
*how to take a carefully constructed, non-offensive post down in flames with one sentence*
Fri 31/08/01 at 12:27
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
Goatboy wrote:
> Thing about that movie, it was headed straight to video in the
> States, but now they're talking about releasing as "A
> tribute" at the cinema.

And it will clean up.

fat lot of good that will do her
Fri 31/08/01 at 12:26
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
what about kisrty mcall who had her head caved in by a jet ski in mexico
Fri 31/08/01 at 10:38
Regular
When Di died. I felt sad for er family but I could not believe how over blown it became. She was one person and people who had never met her were breaking down in tears. If this appened to some one i knew i would be devastaded but I could only offer sympathy and be saddened by the death of an unknown who had done nothing to effect my life. I thought Jill dandos death was far sadder than di's though because accidents will happen but someone purposely took her life.
Fri 31/08/01 at 10:36
Regular
"You've upset me"
She was in exactly the same type of plane that flew us to Lizard Island. We were overloaded as well but only by 24 pounds.
Fri 31/08/01 at 10:33
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Thing about that movie, it was headed straight to video in the States, but now they're talking about releasing as "A tribute" at the cinema.

And it will clean up.
Fri 31/08/01 at 09:45
Regular
"not dead"
In response to Goaty latest post in this thread I have to agree entirely, and draw an awful comparison.

Princess Di.

How the media loved to try to humiliate her, publish pictures of her bathing with her baps out, with some new bloke, they went as far as calling her a tart on more than one occasion.

Then she died, and became 'The Queen of Hearts' and we had to say "Goodbye Englands rose"

The radio played songs that 'fitted the mood of the nation'. Well it didn't fit my mood, it was my brothers 21st Birthday - so I guess it was 4 years ago today then. I didn't want to mourn her death, I didn't know her, and didn't care for her - why should I care that she's dead if I didn't care when she was alive?

Hypocracy.

Anyway, back to Aaliyah. I don't remember seeing her in any movies, but apparently she's in the sequel to Interview with the Vampire. Music wise I wasn't a fan so I'm not going to rush out and buy records because she's dead.

BUT death is always sad, especially in a tragedy such as a plane crash when lives are taken prematurely. So if we must feel sad, let it be for all that were on that plane, not just the celebrity.
Fri 31/08/01 at 08:15
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
i read that her little plane was 700lbs overloaded and the pilot was sniffing charlie and was incapable of flying the plane.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.