GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are any of you lot..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/08/01 at 13:05
Regular
Paul R Bostock? I've got an e-mail from him/her/it with an attatchment asking for my advice, and I have absolutely no idea who he is!
Sun 26/08/01 at 11:06
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
I've got a virus checker called AVG which is very good. It automatically updates it's database in the background everytime I go online, without slowing my connection.
Sun 26/08/01 at 10:21
Regular
"You've upset me"
Indeed true scary man.

Never found out who Paul Bostock is though.
Sun 26/08/01 at 09:15
"possibly impossible"
This particular virus is easy to spot though, due to the attachment having two file names i.e. .exe.pif or .jpg.exe etc.

Unfortunately, there are many more that are harder to spot. I always keep my copy of McAfee antivirus up-to-date and it seems to do the trick, spotting everything in emails. Equally unfortunate is that there are many viruses around at the moment, so it's not that someone on here is deliberately sending them, more likely that someone doesn't have a virus checker and gets a lot of viruses without knowing it.
Sat 25/08/01 at 18:36
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
The same virus is also circulating in an email about "Your Family Tree", watch out for it! I got sent it, but didn't download the attachment!
Sat 25/08/01 at 13:46
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
vigilante9 wrote:
> the virus is brand new and unless u have updated in the last couple
> of weeks then it wont do, look at my thread ive jost posted about
> the virus it contains a link to more info about the virus

I updated just before I found out about it. I found out about it on THIS site. I updated my AV software two minutes ago.
Sat 25/08/01 at 13:45
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Sircam it is. Dont open any mail asking for advice.
Sat 25/08/01 at 13:43
I know a bit about em, more on the hardware side though.

Yeah as long as u dont donload the attachment and use it then ure fine.
Sat 25/08/01 at 13:34
Regular
"I am your father"
You know a lot about computers then Vig? So if I ever receive this e-mail and delete it, then that's the end of it?
Sat 25/08/01 at 13:29
I was sent the virus about five times while my m8 was on holiday, couldnt contact him to stop it. And everytime his bro opened a .exe file on the computer it triggered the virus and it sent its self on, lucky enough i noticed how dodgy the e-mail looked.
Sat 25/08/01 at 13:26
s'ok, glad i could help ya

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.