GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WWW=F European title...and the point is?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/08/01 at 15:40
Regular
Just been reminded that the WWF actually has a European title...and i'm asking why are thy bothering??? Matt Hardy has held it for a long time now and he doesn't seem to have a rivalry with anyone for it right now so the title is effectively dead and he doesn't even bother defending it...he just seems to wrestle tag-team matches with either his brother or more recently Chris Jericho. Has everyone else lost interest in the European title? I mean it is the lesser of three open titles in the WWF after the Heavyweight title and the IC title so no wrestlers even seem to want it. At least the HC and LHW titles hav their own divisions to make them a bit more interesting, but the European seems to have nothing? How could the WWF spice this title up a bit??? I thought it would be intersting to make it open only to competitors from Europe, but then remembered that Regal would be the only person eligible to hold it then...any ideas???
Sat 25/08/01 at 16:21
Regular
I remember Backlash Mouldy, it was great, but the title should have changed hands
Sat 25/08/01 at 16:10
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
barker2k wrote:
> is anybody getting abit bored with the storyline at the
> moment?
what i mean is that the matches arent as good as they were
> when it was just wwf,and stone cold steve austin wont fight anybody
> good or when he does they always seem to get screwd out of the title
like big show,
> billy gunn, hardcore holly, tommy dreammer, raven,

Big Show? Billy Gunn? Hardcore Holly? They all suck! Big Show and Gunn have has massive pushes - Big Slow was in the MAIN EVENT at Wrestelmania a year ago, and Gunn won KOTR 99! Gunn then was involved in a major feud with the Rock in Summer 99, which was amazingly boring, and led to him being de-pushed.

Billy Gunn has recieved many pushes since then, when there have been much more deserving cantidates *cough* Kaientai *cough*

Hardcore Holly is terrible on the mike, and worse in the ring.

i think they should bring back good old mick foley
> as the commis again because he will beable to spice things up again

No no no no no. Dont bring back Foley again. He has had his time - now he's just annoying as some face who keeps being a Special Guest Referee.

> and make the matches more intresting than just plain old matches
> like there was at summerslam.

Summerslam did suck, but stipulations dont make a match. If they have too many stipulation matches, the novelty wears off, like whats happening with the Ladder matches at the mo. If we saw HIACs all the time, we wouldn't be as hyped when we saw one announced.

Well - you did say disagree.
Sat 25/08/01 at 16:01
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Bouncerboy Scott wrote:
> Remember Dean Malenko with the Light-Heavyweight that got boring

Thats only because he never defended it. If they'd had got Malenko in a feud with any light-heavyweight (except X-Pac) you would have seen his power.

Anyone else remember Backlash 2000? He had a fued with Scotty 2 Hotty. That was brilliant.
Sat 25/08/01 at 14:31
Regular
"pro evo fan"
is anybody getting abit bored with the storyline at the moment?
what i mean is that the matches arent as good as they were when it was just wwf,and stone cold steve austin wont fight anybody good or when he does they always seem to get screwd out of the title or the match,he carnt even win a match for him self any more.when he was in the wwf before he joined vince he used to kick evryones a**e all over the ring and out back no one could even touch him.but when he joined with vince things went down hill from there.he turned austin into a complete puff.and he has got even worse now hes joined the alliance.
alot off superstars are getting left out at the moment and they arent gettin the pusshes they deserve.like big show, billy gunn, hardcore holly, tommy dreammer, raven,i could go on for even but i wont.
i think they should bring back good old mick foley as the commis again because he will beable to spice things up again and make the matches more intresting than just plain old matches like there was at summerslam.

now movein on to the topic.
they should make a special divison for the european belt
like maybe haven the challenger has to through in a special stipulation to the match or the holder has to give a stipulation to the match or even both give a stipulation to the match.this would be great to see that the superstars are being involved in makeing matches and participating in them.
if they did something like this then they could envolve more superstars into the division and give them the chance they deserve.

if any agrees or disagrees then please say about any of the above.
Sat 25/08/01 at 13:14
Regular
Yeah I agree Cong Man, and Tommy Dreamer
Sat 25/08/01 at 13:04
Regular
"..."
Maybe they should give Justin Credible a title shot as well...he's probably the member of the alliance furthest away from his old ECW standing.
Sat 25/08/01 at 10:00
Regular
Remember Dean Malenko with the Light-Heavyweight that got boring
Sat 25/08/01 at 09:16
Regular
"..."
Surely there must be at least one serious contender for the European title? How aout giving Tommy Dreamer a shot, he needs to get some singles matches under his belt.
Sat 25/08/01 at 08:25
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
he defended it on raw against christian on raw but christian doesn t really want a title. he s just jealous of edge having the ic and being king of the ring.
Sat 25/08/01 at 00:17
Regular
"..."
Grandprix wrote:
> You could of said the same thing about the WWF title before
> Summerslam. Austin wasn't defending it and no one was going for
> it.

But that was because Austin broke his hand when Booker T put him through the announcers table and he was trying to rest it. As far as I am aware Matt Hardy is 100% fit

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.