GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Illnesses/Accidents"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/02/10 at 15:05
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Has anyone here had or have a serious accident or medical condition and has/does it affect your daily life?
Wed 24/02/10 at 07:58
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
I cant do contact sports or lift anything heavy because of the tubing, I can't go through the metal detectors at the airport as it would wipe the settings on the chip.

Also when I went to hospital recently they wanted to do an MRI scan, which would of killed me. When I told them I couldn't they tried argueing without reading my notes. Good job I wasn't unconscious.
Wed 24/02/10 at 00:34
Regular
That's highly interesting, and has changed the way I think of the words 'brain drain'.

Are there places you're unable to go for the possibility of it damaging the chip?
Tue 23/02/10 at 21:52
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Ive got Beneign Intercranial Hypertension. Its extremely rare in Males and normally effects women in their 40's.

I basically produce excessive amounts of Cranial Fluid which crushes my brain and optic nerves. I produce over 2Litres a day compared to the normal 250-300ml of everyone else.

I had pioneering Brain Surgery when I just turned 16 which comprised of putting a Microchip in the centre of my brain which regulates the flow of fluid through a shunt into my abdomen.

I was given a choice of Defintely die without having it or have the surgery which gave me less than 5% chance of living. Even less odds of surviving without brain damage.

I guess Im just a miracle as 7 years on I am normal. I have the occasional bad headache because of it but they can alter that with strong magnets to chance the microchips settings.
Tue 23/02/10 at 21:37
Regular
"I like turtles"
Ripped a big hole in the cartilidge in my right knee 4 years ago.Had it drilled and messed about with but its never going to fully repair.Doesn't stop me doing anything these days but some days its not very good.Wouldn't recommend it TBH :(
Tue 23/02/10 at 20:48
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I can relate to mental health problems quite well. I think I may be prone to depression and other related problems due some of the events in my past and the fact I am pretty certain I have type A personality. Some days I'm happy and other times I just struggle being me.

I usually find when I am alone and can think to myself I am worse. If I am busy I usually seem to get passed it. Hence I become quite obsessive over my current affairs.

It's interesting to see that we all have our own challenges in our lives and kind of puts mine in perspective a little. We are all a great bunch, whatever we have going on in our lives!
Tue 23/02/10 at 18:28
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
I had severe clinical depression for five years. I suppose you can say that it's kept at bay now by having focus and a good family environment. However, I don't think that it is something that will ever disappear and knowing this does help to produce simple remedies to combat its possible re-appearence.
Tue 23/02/10 at 18:21
Regular
IBS - it's crap...literally
Tue 23/02/10 at 18:18
Regular
"Let's blow stuff up"
I have something wrong with my back but the doctors don't know what it is. I have pain everyday and stops me from doing some sports.
Tue 23/02/10 at 18:06
Regular
Meningitis at seven - ended up brain et nervous system damaged - developed psychosis at early age - took medication to help relieve symptoms - medication ended up worsening nervous system - now live with voices, hallucinations, language difficulties/express aphasia, chronic headache and something I have no other way to describe but 'leg wobbles'. Also have problems with my memory, cognitive thought, and women.

Apart from occasionally getting frustrated I have no real problems.
Tue 23/02/10 at 17:21
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I also have an allergy to spam - of the net kind - not the meat kind ;) It makes me go out in hives. Seriously.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.