GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FREEOLA CUSTOMER SERVICE - form_to_mail.php problems."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/02/07 at 17:33
Regular
Just received a 'form' email from the 9th Feb from one of my sites using your form_to_mail.php script.

On the 12th Feb I updated my support ticket regarding the on-going problems, but the last response I've received was from the 7th Feb?

In case your email responses are going missing could you PLEASE provide an update here?

Thanks.
Thu 15/02/07 at 17:33
Regular
Just received a 'form' email from the 9th Feb from one of my sites using your form_to_mail.php script.

On the 12th Feb I updated my support ticket regarding the on-going problems, but the last response I've received was from the 7th Feb?

In case your email responses are going missing could you PLEASE provide an update here?

Thanks.
Fri 16/02/07 at 07:55
Regular
"tagline schmagline"
i'd like to know too - i'd rather be receiving spam than nothing at all
Fri 16/02/07 at 17:51
Regular
Received a form email from the 5th Feb today, 11 days old - not good.

No response to my support ticket or this post :(
Sat 17/02/07 at 11:02
Regular
*Kiss of death*

My form emails seem to be processing normally this morning!
Sat 17/02/07 at 19:01
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Sorry for the lack of response to this, we have been fairly sure what has been causing this, however we we're not entirely sure until very recently.

It would seem that our servers have been massively crammed with spammers sending millions and millions of messages. We have been informed that we should be able to start acting on this and deleting the spammers from our systems, this should then help speed the sending of messages back up to normal.
Sun 18/02/07 at 09:39
Regular
Can you say if changing from the Freeola script to a third-party script will help? Or is it the 'sendmail' service that is under pressure?
Wed 21/02/07 at 12:54
Regular
GWD wrote:
> Can you say if changing from the Freeola script to a third-party
> script will help? Or is it the 'sendmail' service that is under
> pressure?

The form to mail service seems to have gone on the "go slow" again which is causing me some embarrassment!

Could Freeola please answer my query above.

NB. I raised Support Ticket 132130 but haven't received a reply recently. Are you happy your ticket system is working as Rob (freeola on thinkbroadband) said he answered another one of my tickets yesterday but I haven't received it?

Thanks.
Wed 21/02/07 at 14:14
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
GWD wrote:
> Can you say if changing from the Freeola script to a third-party
> script will help? Or is it the 'sendmail' service that is under
> pressure?

I'm no freeola employee but its highly unlikely that its script from whats being described. If the script wasnt functioning then its most likely it would either be throwing an error itself or you'd never see the form submissions at all.

Most mail servers like sendmail, qmail, exchange etc. are fairly robust applications and have many safeguards built it to make sure mail isnt lost too easily. If they have an email to send and they cannot send it then they'll keep it and try again later usually.
This is more in keeping with the behaviour you're seeing.

Having said that you can get 3rd party scripts that allow you to specify smtp details, ie you could use another mail server to send your form emails. Whether this is an option given that Freeola dont seem to allow outside connections is another matter entirely.
Wed 21/02/07 at 15:54
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
We had taken some action to prevent abuse by spammers that had overloaded the server. The situation was greatly improved earlier in the week, although still by no means as fast as we'd like.

If you have noticed slowdown since this initial improvement then that is very disappointing, I will get one of the team here to look into it ASAP.
Wed 21/02/07 at 15:57
Regular
Thanks for the reply loki. Please update this thread with any new info.

Did you see my comments about Support Ticket replies as well?

Thanks for your comments as well Garin. It's nice to see this issue getting some attention as it's causing me a bit of trouble.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.