GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FREEOLA CUSTOMER SERVICE - form_to_mail.php problems."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/02/07 at 17:33
Regular
Just received a 'form' email from the 9th Feb from one of my sites using your form_to_mail.php script.

On the 12th Feb I updated my support ticket regarding the on-going problems, but the last response I've received was from the 7th Feb?

In case your email responses are going missing could you PLEASE provide an update here?

Thanks.
Sun 25/02/07 at 19:46
Regular
Thanks for the reply Vexxxed

As GWD has already said some updates/ feedback would be really nice and the status page reflecting the current situation would be appreciated

Kev

Vexxxed wrote:
> Digitrader wrote:
> On 17th Feb freeola wrote this.... its now 25th! do you think I
> would be abusing my Moderator power if I were to highlight this
> post to Staffies to draw their attenttion to this thread?
>
> I can assure you Kev, and everyone else, we are still urgently
> looking into this.
>
> We do not take any problems on our servers lightly, especially
> not ones that affect so many users on such a large scale. We
> have already lost numerous customers through this, so we have no
> intention on letting this run on any longer than is possible.
Sun 25/02/07 at 17:49
Regular
Thanks for the reply Vexxxed.

Glad to hear you are treating this seriously; perhaps you could update your 'Status' page which still reads:

We are pleased to advise that there are no current faults.

I tell all my clients to look there first when they suspect a service problem, this has been going on for some weeks and has never made an appearance?
Sun 25/02/07 at 17:32
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Digitrader wrote:
> On 17th Feb freeola wrote this.... its now 25th! do you think I
> would be abusing my Moderator power if I were to highlight this
> post to Staffies to draw their attenttion to this thread?

I can assure you Kev, and everyone else, we are still urgently looking into this.

We do not take any problems on our servers lightly, especially not ones that affect so many users on such a large scale. We have already lost numerous customers through this, so we have no intention on letting this run on any longer than is possible.
Sun 25/02/07 at 09:39
Regular
On 17th Feb freeola wrote this.... its now 25th! do you think I would be abusing my Moderator power if I were to highlight this post to Staffies to draw their attenttion to this thread?

Vexxxed wrote:
> Sorry for the lack of response to this, we have been fairly sure
> what has been causing this, however we we're not entirely sure
> until very recently.
>
> It would seem that our servers have been massively crammed with
> spammers sending millions and millions of messages. We have been
> informed that we should be able to start acting on this and
> deleting the spammers from our systems, this should then help
> speed the sending of messages back up to normal.
Sun 25/02/07 at 09:32
Regular
Indeed it is Overdue!

I tried my forms yesterday, SERVER 0 is the one causing the biggest problem for me its had no forms now for about a week! others are varying between 1 day and 4 days! and yet 1 yesterday returned a form in 5mins!! then back to 29hours for the next message, why O why does this forum exist if they (Freeola) choose to ignore it all the time!? and if as the status page says "all systems are perfect" how come they have not got time to look here for problems, or as they are aware of it why dont they have the time to cgase it up?

Mr Grumpy today :-(
Sat 24/02/07 at 17:56
Regular
This is becoming a real pain!

I can see people have used one of my 'forms' yesterday but I'm still to receive the message! It makes me look ****

Some sort of acknowledgement on the 'status' page is surely well overdue???
Sat 24/02/07 at 10:55
Regular
----- Original Message -----

again this time signed Britany, last time same address but signed Bill, so HOW COME Brittany and Bill can get messages through but genuine visitors to ours sites cant?

Kev
Sat 24/02/07 at 10:20
Regular
I take it Loki is on a long weekend?

this morning we got a batch of spam through from our Form mail all from the same address

----- Original Message -----

wanting to service our opel car that we dont have, is any staff members reading this thread? or am I just wasing my time bringing it to your attention?

Kev
Fri 23/02/07 at 14:56
Regular
"Become a veteran"
I am conducting tests with a .php script aimed at returning .jpg files to me by e-mail. I submitted a test form 18 hours ago and still do not know whether or not it was successful. As I am working by sophisticated trial-and-error, this is not a very pleasing state of affairs. Can there not be a white list for known and trusted users whereby their needs can be filtered out of the pack and processed more quickly?
Thu 22/02/07 at 16:44
Regular
Loki how soon is ASAP?

loki wrote:
> We had taken some action to prevent abuse by spammers that had
> overloaded the server. The situation was greatly improved
> earlier in the week, although still by no means as fast as we'd
> like.
>
> If you have noticed slowdown since this initial improvement then
> that is very disappointing, I will get one of the team here to
> look into it ASAP.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.