GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The NEW PS2/GT3 advert!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/08/01 at 19:23
Regular
Anyone seen it yet? It was on Sky One between Buffy and The Simpsons - somewhere around 7pm.

It's an advert for the new 'limited edition' PS2 & GT3 pack.

There are clips of the racing (as you'd expect) but then it switches to the external view, and the car pulls over to side of the road and stops at a very scenic point.

The other cars fly past, and then it all goes quiet, except for birds chirping...

Then it comes up with something like 'in GT3 it isn't only the cars that look good'.

Very amusing - well done Sony!
Thu 23/08/01 at 20:32
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
the handbrake turn looks good as well.
Thu 23/08/01 at 22:44
what is the handbrake actually used for in the game? i never use it.
Fri 24/08/01 at 20:19
Please, everybody for a moment lay back and close their eyes. Have you all done that?

Good.

Now imaginge the Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty TV advert. Imagine what it would look like! Good, good.

Now - imagine that it is the end of the advert, and an actor that sounds vaguely like Mei Ling remarks: "Availible from the 1st of December, 2001."

How do you feel?
Fri 24/08/01 at 20:24
Regular
is that when it is out is it? |¦oD
Fri 24/08/01 at 20:31
Nah, I'm just torturing you all. ;¬)
Fri 24/08/01 at 21:24
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
well dont. my mouth is watering. but maybe thats because i'm hungry. not from that mgs2 is coming out. though i am exited.
Sat 25/08/01 at 00:17
Regular
I just saw all of them during WWF:RAW. Hardly breathtaking...
Sat 25/08/01 at 00:26
Regular
big_slow wrote:
> what is the handbrake actually used for in the game? i never use
> it.

The handbrake turn is one the highlights of the game for me! On the endurance races when i am a few laps ahead or whatever, i do a handbrake turn just to rip it. I try and see how many full circles i can do. I'm sure i've cracked the 1080.
Sat 25/08/01 at 01:01
Regular
"You Bum!!"
I saw it on C4 i believe.The car stopped on the Deep Forest RacewayII and you could hear the birds.Is this the one??
Sat 25/08/01 at 08:53
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
yeah. thats the one. good innit?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.