GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The NEW PS2/GT3 advert!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/08/01 at 19:23
Regular
Anyone seen it yet? It was on Sky One between Buffy and The Simpsons - somewhere around 7pm.

It's an advert for the new 'limited edition' PS2 & GT3 pack.

There are clips of the racing (as you'd expect) but then it switches to the external view, and the car pulls over to side of the road and stops at a very scenic point.

The other cars fly past, and then it all goes quiet, except for birds chirping...

Then it comes up with something like 'in GT3 it isn't only the cars that look good'.

Very amusing - well done Sony!
Wed 22/08/01 at 19:23
"High polygon count"
Anyone seen it yet? It was on Sky One between Buffy and The Simpsons - somewhere around 7pm.

It's an advert for the new 'limited edition' PS2 & GT3 pack.

There are clips of the racing (as you'd expect) but then it switches to the external view, and the car pulls over to side of the road and stops at a very scenic point.

The other cars fly past, and then it all goes quiet, except for birds chirping...

Then it comes up with something like 'in GT3 it isn't only the cars that look good'.

Very amusing - well done Sony!
Wed 22/08/01 at 19:29
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Yes i have also seen it, and at the same time. Very amusing too. Maybe there are some more?
Wed 22/08/01 at 19:58
"High polygon count"
I hope so. I'll be surprised if there aren't.
Wed 22/08/01 at 20:01
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Hopefully they will start advertising other games towards Christmas.Devil May Cry could be featured in an advert.I can just imagine that
Thu 23/08/01 at 00:01
I saw it earlier in the week. I did read that Sony wanted to concentrate more on advertising games, than the obscure Third Place ads. Thank goodness they've come to their senses....
Thu 23/08/01 at 09:59
"High polygon count"
Agreed - the machine itself hardly needs advertising, does it?!
Thu 23/08/01 at 18:24
Regular
sounds like a very cool advert

The console itself didn't get alot of advertising, in the David Lynch advert, I initially thought they were advertising talking ducks with sore throats.

I saw the other gt3 ad at the cinema last week, I am now determined to get a video projector and play gt3 projected onto my neighbours house.
Thu 23/08/01 at 18:33
Mind you, I'd buy a talking duck.
Thu 23/08/01 at 19:20
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
i ve seen the cinema one as well. it looks well cool.
Thu 23/08/01 at 19:48
i saw it, just before simpsons :-)
it was soo stunning. it works aswell. if you drive the wrong way and skid it looks amzing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.