GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The NEW PS2/GT3 advert!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/08/01 at 19:23
Regular
Anyone seen it yet? It was on Sky One between Buffy and The Simpsons - somewhere around 7pm.

It's an advert for the new 'limited edition' PS2 & GT3 pack.

There are clips of the racing (as you'd expect) but then it switches to the external view, and the car pulls over to side of the road and stops at a very scenic point.

The other cars fly past, and then it all goes quiet, except for birds chirping...

Then it comes up with something like 'in GT3 it isn't only the cars that look good'.

Very amusing - well done Sony!
Sun 26/08/01 at 20:07
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
good innit?
Sun 26/08/01 at 16:50
Regular
Ö> wrote:
> I saw it last night during southpark, good one that!!!

My brother watched and recorded it, and told me about it later. As a result I have now seen this new advert. Nice one.
Sun 26/08/01 at 16:35
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
what one? have u seen both of them. i saw them both last night. the trees one and the handbreak turn one. they both look really cool to me.
Sun 26/08/01 at 15:49
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I've seen the ad. It's cool.
Sun 26/08/01 at 15:09
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
i use the handbrake more in other GT games.
Sun 26/08/01 at 12:46
"High polygon count"
big_slow wrote:
> so the handbrake has no important use in the game?

It depends on your style of driving and your car setup.

In my own experience, the handbrake is most useful if you use automatic transmission and the 'racing' setup (as opposed to 'drift').

With manual transmission, even on a 'racing' setup, you can use well-timed gear changes to deliberately get the back end out and 'drift' around certain corners. With automatic transmission, you can't do that - so the handbrake comes into play.

But as I said - it all depends on your driving style.
Sun 26/08/01 at 01:24
Or†ega wrote:
> big_slow wrote:
> what is the handbrake actually used for in the
> game? i never use
> it.

The handbrake turn is one the
> highlights of the game for me! On the endurance races when i am a
> few laps ahead or whatever, i do a handbrake turn just to rip it. I
> try and see how many full circles i can do. I'm sure i've cracked
> the 1080.

so the handbrake has no important use in the game?
Sat 25/08/01 at 22:10
GT3 is no ordinary game though. And it is Sony's first triple A title (whatever that means:-))
Sat 25/08/01 at 21:26
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
sony dont ussually make that many adverts for one game.
Sat 25/08/01 at 20:22
I've seen two versions of the ad: one with the Vanquish that stops and you hear birds chirping, and the other with a Viper skidding in the rain.
I wonder how many more versions they have up their sleeve...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.