GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is this RPG any good?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/01/04 at 16:05
Regular
"Fun in the sun"
Is Unlimited Saga any good? I have heard from some of me chums that its a bit long-winded and boring but I've also heard somewhere else that it is a sequal of sorts to the Saga Frontier series, which I think are quite good.

Is there actually any other RPGs apart from FF10-2 (I've played that on a mates PS2(import) and iam not impressed) that are coming out soon?
Mon 05/01/04 at 20:45
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Tell us what it's like - I was getting excited, but the reviews put
> me off it.

Okies, give me a few days to get into it and I'll see what I can do about a review.
Mon 05/01/04 at 18:12
"period drama"
Yeah, it's supposed to be only for the most hardcore of RPG fans.
Lots of stats, lots of time needed.
So if you are really into your RPGs, it's good. Otherwise something a little less mind-numbingly mathamatic would probably do you well.

After what FM's mentioned, you could also try Wild Arms 3 which rocks and Grandia 2 which had a fantasic story line, though does feel a little plodding in some places.

Hey FM - I thought Breath of Fire got a pretty luke-warm reception. I can't remember why - I think it was slated for being pad-smashingly hard.
Tell us what it's like - I was getting excited, but the reviews put me off it.
Mon 05/01/04 at 16:58
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Unlimited Saga got a bit panned by IGN, but if you're a hardcore RPG fan (i.e. you love your stats and games like Baldur's Gate on the PC) then this is a hardcore RPG. It's pretty revolutionary in it's Reel combat system and offers 100s of hours of gaming and questing, but you have to enjoy the inventory management and stat-building aspects of RPGs to last that long. I very nearly got the collector's edition today (as it includes lots of bonus material including bits from FFX-2) but Breath of Fire won my "shall I or shant I" purchasing dilemma.

If you prefer the Final Fantasy style of 'RPG-lite' then it's probably best to stay clear and get something like either Dark Chronicle (which I've played to death and love) or Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter (which I just got today and haven't gotten around to trying yet).
Mon 05/01/04 at 16:05
Regular
"Fun in the sun"
Is Unlimited Saga any good? I have heard from some of me chums that its a bit long-winded and boring but I've also heard somewhere else that it is a sequal of sorts to the Saga Frontier series, which I think are quite good.

Is there actually any other RPGs apart from FF10-2 (I've played that on a mates PS2(import) and iam not impressed) that are coming out soon?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.