GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is this RPG any good?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/01/04 at 16:05
Regular
"Fun in the sun"
Is Unlimited Saga any good? I have heard from some of me chums that its a bit long-winded and boring but I've also heard somewhere else that it is a sequal of sorts to the Saga Frontier series, which I think are quite good.

Is there actually any other RPGs apart from FF10-2 (I've played that on a mates PS2(import) and iam not impressed) that are coming out soon?
Thu 08/01/04 at 13:28
Regular
"Fun in the sun"
cheers, I shall have a gander at that site
Thu 08/01/04 at 13:10
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Sandbox Magician wrote:
> thewisemonkey wrote:
> Don''t even start me on a FF7 sequel! Many people say that they
> wouldn't do that, or it would be rubbish, but look at
> FF10.....that's
> got a sequel and thats no where near as good as FF7 >:(
>
>
>
> .......anyway where did you get your PS2 chipped, and how much was
> it?
>
> Yes. £65.

Apologies, misread the question. I got my PS2 done via the Jedi-Modder known as 'Will'.

www.londonconsole.com
Thu 08/01/04 at 13:08
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
thewisemonkey wrote:
> Don''t even start me on a FF7 sequel! Many people say that they
> wouldn't do that, or it would be rubbish, but look at FF10.....that's
> got a sequel and thats no where near as good as FF7 >:(
>
>
>
> .......anyway where did you get your PS2 chipped, and how much was
> it?

Yes. £65.
Thu 08/01/04 at 12:49
Regular
"Fun in the sun"
Don''t even start me on a FF7 sequel! Many people say that they wouldn't do that, or it would be rubbish, but look at FF10.....that's got a sequel and thats no where near as good as FF7 >:(

.......anyway where did you get your PS2 chipped, and how much was it?
Wed 07/01/04 at 04:30
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I've got both Xenosaga and Suikoden 3 just to make you all a little jealous :-D (Love my imports)

Should be getting Star Ocean when it comes out as well, should be in Canada then anyway looks a great game so can't wait for that.

FFX-2 was ok but FFX isn't exactly my favourite of the bunch so a sequel wouldn't overwhelm me anyway. Now a FF6 or FF7 sequel/prequel is a different story.
Tue 06/01/04 at 15:14
Regular
"Fun in the sun"
it is ashame about suikdoken 3. I very much enjoyed the others, so some time I might invest into chipping me PS2.

Generaly I enjoy any RPG, from hardcore pc ones like BG series through to the 'light' RPGs like Dark Chronicle

One of my all-time favourite RPG was Xenogears (although the 2nd disc was not nearly as good as the 1st).

I might have to give Unlimited Saga a go!

About FF10-2, it is an alright game, but I would consider it to be bit of a stop-gap 'til we get to FF12. Theres nothing amzingly new to FF10-2 and I would say FF9 is better, but it's still a good game and I'll probably buy sometime this year :)
Tue 06/01/04 at 11:08
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
thewisemonkey wrote:
> Is Unlimited Saga any good? I have heard from some of me chums that
> its a bit long-winded and boring but I've also heard somewhere else
> that it is a sequal of sorts to the Saga Frontier series, which I
> think are quite good.
>
> Is there actually any other RPGs apart from FF10-2 (I've played that
> on a mates PS2(import) and iam not impressed) that are coming out
> soon?

Can't believe you didn't like Final Fantasy X-2, how long did you play it for?

In anycase, I hear Xenosaga will be out in Europe at some point this year and that's pretty good. Erm... if RPG's is your thing, then you might consider getting your PS2 chipped or picking up a cheap US machine, since the US are often spoilt RPG-wise.

They've got Suikoden 3, which won't see the light of day on the PAL market, and I believe Star Ocean: Till The End of Time is out Stateside at the beginning of February also.
Tue 06/01/04 at 10:01
Regular
"thegodfather"
I can recommend Dark Chronicle aswell, Iv'e almost finished it now and it's been better than I expected.
Lot's of good little side quest's and games, Spheda's a kind of golf game you get at the end of each dungeon which is good fun.
Mon 05/01/04 at 21:55
Regular
"accidental superher"
breath of fire: dragon quarter is pretty good
Mon 05/01/04 at 21:55
Regular
"accidental superher"
i really didn't like it...very underwhelming considering it's made by square enix...maybe i didn't give it much of a chance seeing as i returned it the next day but first impressions definately were not good at all

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.