GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Woah."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/08/01 at 18:17
Regular
Today I noticed that I haven't played a game in a week. One whole week.

It's probably due to me working for the whole day every other day... and when I get time off, I absorb myself in the Fog Stories... it could be that I'm losing love for gaming again, or just plainly because there are no good games out at the moment.

Anyway, to combat this, I went out and bought Operation Flashpoint under Goatboy's advice. I'll go install it now, me thinks.

Better turn this into a topic then. Err... something about how long you've been without playing games, or anything, really.
Mon 20/08/01 at 20:46
How long have I been without games, not sure really probably about a month during exam revision periods.
Mon 20/08/01 at 20:44
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Very much so Snipe.
Mon 20/08/01 at 20:42
Regular
HAd fun or not?
Mon 20/08/01 at 20:39
Regular
*rubs back of head*

Hmmm... I'm missing something at the moment, can't work out what it is.

(Life empty... fill gap with game.)

No, that's your answer to everything. Mustn't, can't, won't.

(I think coming back to normal gaming after Skies of Arcadia has shocked you a bit.)

When's the sequel out again?
Mon 20/08/01 at 18:53
Grix, is it biologically possible to last that long without gaming?? Is it legal to last that long without games? I can't last 24 hours without a good game! I think that I play on games because they are so good to play on, and it is so fulfilling to complete a game.

I don't think we'll be seeing much of Grix for the next week, he'll be making up for lost time, I know I would!
Mon 20/08/01 at 18:46
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
e-jazz wrote:
> But there are no good games out at the moment. Wait a couple of
> months and then BOOM theres gonna be loads of games out. Why is
> there always a game 'draught' during the summer, when all the kids
> are at home bored out of their heads just waiting for a good game to
> come out?

They save all the games for the christmas season, as games sales are always down during the summer, and they can makea bigger profit at christmas.
Also it means they can sell bad games to parents, and then after christmas we can all go out and get the good ones. A double sale.
Mon 20/08/01 at 18:42
"possibly impossible"
hm. Played on MAME yesterday after re-installing it. Played Incoming for about 2 hours last friday, while I waited for the bloke to come back and finish installing my Home Highway. Oh, and link up Fzero on GBA during the week.

By the way, for those that wanted to know, my mate form work has now signed up here as Grecian.
Mon 20/08/01 at 18:37
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Hits Grix with Ant's empty Pringles tube...

*THWACK!*

Hits Sheepy..... :D
Mon 20/08/01 at 18:35
Regular
Grix Thraves wrote:
> (Mental note, never put full stops in titles.)

You can't even use comma's properly, I'm surprised you moved onto full stops so soon.

:-)
Mon 20/08/01 at 18:35
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
I've been playing on the GBA with me mates - I can't remember the last time I played on my PS2!! Argghh!!

Yep, gaming sucks alright. That's why I really, really need to win GAD - it's the only way to get back into the gaming mood, me thinks :(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.